Close

Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    I do have an SD card + LCD panel and once everything is working well I will hook it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I do have an SD card + LCD panel and once everything is working well I will hook it up.
    The conflict is because I have the M600 Filament change command (that the LCD panels enable). I have a separate switch the user can press to tell the printer to continue. It is only a few lines of code and we can just delete it when everything else is working correctly and you want to get the LCD panel running. So probably it makes sense to use the same code.

Engineer
    I also use the M600 command, with a switch to pause the print if the filament is just about to run out. My only problem with it is it keeps me from using the M42 P37 S255 command to sound the beeper when the print is finished. I haven't figured it out yet.

How would that affect me right now? I have a single hotend and do not use a lcd panel only the PC running pronterface. Now I will be using the LCD panel but that is in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I also use the M600 command, with a switch to pause the print if the filament is just about to run out. My only problem with it is it keeps me from using the M42 P37 S255 command to sound the beeper when the print is finished. I haven't figured it out yet.
    If you get to the point where you want to bounce ideas around and get some help... Start a new thread, Post some pictures and the technical details of how the switch and beeper operates and how they are connected... I modified the M42 a million ways to figure out my servo when I was doing the auto bed leveling. (And my stupid servo took too much power so my PrintrBoard would reset. It was with the M42 that I figured out was going on.)

Very possibly you are hitting a problem where the Pin #'s are different between the FastIO library and the built in Arduino stuff. I was able to brute force find the correct Pin #'s by putting a loop into the code that would set each pin high for a second and then reset it low and print out where it was at. I could watch a volt meter to see when it finally got to the correct pin definition. It may be we have to do something like that to find the correct values.
    Last edited by Roxy; 08-19-2014 at 01:02 PM.

How would that affect me right now? I have a single hotend and do not use a lcd panel only the PC running pronterface. Now I will be using the LCD panel but that is in the future.
    It doesn't affect you right now or impact our ability to debug your other problem. I just wanted to make things easy on you so once the initial problems are resolved, it would be trivial for you to get your LCD panel going....

Incidentally... I'm pretty confident everything is working right in the new code base. I'll cross your Configuration.h and Pins.h values over to a new copy of that code base soon. We will be ready to start debugging your issue as soon as you get your parts. (It is possible that starting with a clean code base makes the problem go away and we won't have anything to debug! Wouldn't that be sad???)

Awesome, but I am ready to test asap as the switch works that I am using just for repeatability I need the new switch BUT I need to be able to print the new arm first and that requires the ABL to work (or spend another 5-10 hours messing with the bed and I am not kidding about the hours to do so either).

Awesome, but I am ready to test asap as the switch works that I am using just for repeatability I need the new switch BUT I need to be able to print the new arm first and that requires the ABL to work (or spend another 5-10 hours messing with the bed and I am not kidding about the hours to do so either).
    OK... Here is your Pins.h and Configuration.h crossed over to the new code base with the M48, Enhanced G29 and the M600 enabled for non-LCD-Panel machines.

Probably the right thing to do is go to: https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin and click the 'Download ZIP' on the lower right of the page. Create a work directory and unzip the package. That will give you the clean, unchanged distribution. (I realize you know this, but there may be others following along)

Then replace the existing files in that work directory with the files included in the attached .ZIP file

We will have identical code bases at that point. The only differences will be some Configuration.h type settings.

You will probably have to set your Board type in Arduino. If you can get it to compile clean and upload to your RAMPS board, we will be ready to debug...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roxy; 08-19-2014 at 02:58 PM.

I just compiled it on this box and uploaded it to the Arduino just fine.

I did make one change to it for g28 so it lifts up the hotend before retraction the rest is untouched.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 08-19-2014 at 04:14 PM.

OK, so what is it doing? When you home X & Y, can you then home the Z ?

Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast