Close

Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brucehvn View Post
    Well, I've never seen that behavior. For homing Z, I will see the message coming from the firmware that I have to home X and Y before Z if I haven't homed X and Y first. But I've never seen the thing with all axes moving. I use Repetier Host though.
    Yeah, this may be a pronterface dealio and I only see that message you are talking about if I hit G29 first but in Pronterface you can home each axis individually via a button and homing X, and Y, that way still works but forget it with Z just does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I am not sure because is it supposed to act like that? For instance home Z in pronterface is DOA with ABL. When I move the head in the X, or the Y, direction is Z, and the other axis, suppose to move too?

I don't know the answers to the above questions and maybe you do or could try it with your setup and tell me? I can't print with it yet as I am waiting for my new switches (my old switch required just too much pressure to activate) and assorted hardware or I would try to print again.
    Once the Bed Correction Matrix is generated by the G29 command, all coordinates are 'corrected' using that matrix. (Technically... This happens all the time, but initially, and after a G28 the Bed Correction Matrix is identity and so what you feed in is what you get out.) Z-Homing does move the nozzle around so it is possible to see a little bit of X & Y movement there after the G29. But it is going to be very minimal.

With that said... As you move the nozzle around in either the X or Y directions, the new coordinates get 'corrected' and the Z will move slightly up or down in an attempt to track the bed. It should be very small movements of Z if the bed is close to flat. The more unflat the bed is, the more you will see the Z move up or down as you tell PronterFace to move +/- X or +/- Y.

Go ahead and post those files and I'll see if I can spot what is causing the trouble.
    Last edited by Roxy; 08-17-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Here ya go but I really haven't changed anything and any idea why pronterface no longer will home Z via the button with ABL enabled? Btw, .7z was not an allowed filetype.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here ya go but I really haven't changed anything and any idea why pronterface no longer will home Z via the button with ABL enabled? Btw, .7z was not an allowed filetype.
    One possibility is you have #define Z_SAFE_HOMING enabled. Unless you have homed both X & Y previously (and very recently), it won't let the Z axis go down.

How old is the Marlin_main.cpp you posted. It looks fairly recent. But the Configuration.h file looks fairly old? Can you give me your best guess on dates for those files? Part of the reason I'm asking is your G1 command will not fall through into the G2 code if Stopped==false but mine will. I suspect your version of Marlin_main.cpp has the logic correct. But it will take a little bit of time to figure out why it is different.

Configuration is 2 to 3 months old and the rest I just downloaded this morning.

OK... Because there was more 'mature' code in your Marlin_main.cpp file. We can proceed however you want. Probably, it wouldn't hurt for me to cross all of the current changes over to my code base. After doing that, it probably will make sense to cross your Configuration.h settings over to the new Configuration.h (although I don't see a problem with what you have) I can do that for you in a few minutes. At that point we will both have the same code base and we can start figuring out what you are seeing and why it is happening. Will that work for you?

Works for me.

Works for me.
    I have a couple of questions.

• Are you up and running OK right now without the Auto Bed Leveling stuff going? Or are you totally shut down?

• How bad does it inconvenience you if we start working on your issue in the next day or two? (I have to find the time to get stuff crossed over to the new code base and I'm running around right now like a one armed wall paper hanger.)

• What did you mean by saying you have your current version highly customized for yourself? Do you mean you have added code in a lot of places, or do you just mean the Configuration.h file has been customized for your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I have a couple of questions.

• Are you up and running OK right now without the Auto Bed Leveling stuff going? Or are you totally shut down?
    • Totally shut down but I am in no rush as my parts are on the way and even when they show up I will have to hand level the bed to pop a print off for the new switch holder.

• How bad does it inconvenience you if we start working on your issue in the next day or two? (I have to find the time to get stuff crossed over to the new code base and I'm running around right now like a one armed wall paper hanger.)
    • Not one bit of an inconvenience.

• What did you mean by saying you have your current version highly customized for yourself? Do you mean you have added code in a lot of places, or do you just mean the Configuration.h file has been customized for your setup?
    • Exactly, as I meant I had all of my personal values plugged in.

One more question.... I think I'm migrated over to the new code base. Do you have an LCD panel? If not, you should be able to use my Marlin_Main.cpp unchanged. (well, almost... My origin is in the back right... That #define would have to be warmed over... But the important functionality would be working.)

I'm testing everything right now... If your answer is you don't have an LCD panel... The only thing we have to do is cross your Configuration.h settings over to the new file and I'd be very surprised if it didn't just go.
    Last edited by Roxy; 08-18-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast