Close

Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Is your EEPROM turned on?
    I uncommented the two EEPROM defines in configuration.h, and removed my +4 from marlin_main. Compiled and uploaded, sent a M502 then a M500, then ran G28 through pronterface, followed by G1 Z0. Nozzle stopped 4mm above the bed. Re-commented the EEPROM defines, re-added my +4, and uploaded.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 10-22-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by syl20 View Post
    Oh sorry, I mistake ! My origin was set to FRONT_RIGHT althought it would be BACK_RIGHT. With this new setting, everything is OK (signal and values). Thanks a lot !

Have you tested my perl script ?
    No... Not yet... I'm so swamped with other stuff. But for sure, I'll get to it. I need to actually port Dacb's fork to my printer so I have the complete code base. I don't have the limited probe area stuff running on my printer yet.

If nothing else, Old Man Emu might beat me to it because he is bringing up Dacb's Marlin fork on his MakerFarm. And that might be trivial for him to get going.

Technologist
    Roxy
    Can you help setting the matrix to eeprom up? I am at this since several weeks but don't get it.
    I successfully run a G29 only after reset, un comented the G28 deletion line, and would like the matrix or what ever needs to be stored to be saved to eeprom.

I have a question and that is using ABL how would I dual color print (or however many colors) with a single extruder? The simplest way is to have multiple models with each being in its own color (change out the filament before each print) and all is fine but with G28 going to the middle of the printing surface and lowering the hotend to find Z's home the switch would plunge into the previous model.

How can it be done using ABL?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I have a question and that is using ABL how would I dual color print (or however many colors) with a single extruder? The simplest way is to have multiple models with each being in its own color (change out the filament before each print) and all is fine but with G28 going to the middle of the printing surface and lowering the hotend to find Z's home the switch would plunge into the previous model.

How can it be done using ABL?
    Well, If you're using Cura, the simplest would be to use the "pause at height" plugin.. It basically pauses the print at a given height, allowing you to change the filament, and then resume printing.. I know some Cura plugins also allows you to pause at height, move the hotend out of the way of the print, to minimize ooze on the print, prine the extruder with a new filament, and then resume.

Strictly a Slic3r + Pronterface user here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Roxy
    Can you help setting the matrix to eeprom up? I am at this since several weeks but don't get it.
    I successfully run a G29 only after reset, un comented the G28 deletion line, and would like the matrix or what ever needs to be stored to be saved to eeprom.
    This is pretty straight forward and easy to do. But I'm totally swamped with everything else right now. Remind me in a week or so, and I probably can post an updated ConfigurationStore.cpp and Marlin_main.cpp file that will do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    This is pretty straight forward and easy to do. But I'm totally swamped with everything else right now. Remind me in a week or so, and I probably can post an updated ConfigurationStore.cpp and Marlin_main.cpp file that will do what you want.
    I suspect this would help in my case as well with my previous question? Just do a g28/g29 u 6 then after it is done printing I switch filaments and would not have to g28/g29 again until I turned the printer off (or disconnected/reconnected Pronterface)?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I suspect this would help in my case as well with my previous question? Just do a g28/g29 u 6 then after it is done printing I switch filaments and would not have to g28/g29 again until I turned the printer off (or disconnected/reconnected Pronterface)?
    Your wish has been granted: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...trix-to-EEPROM

Technologist
    Never mind just saw the last post!

Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast