Close

Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    Here you go. I have safe homing turned off. Maybe part of it is still active? Edit: I connected to Pronterface, homed all axes and watched as the Y axis moves while Z axis lifts before extending the probe. Once homing had completed, I manually moved the Y axis (via Pronterface) to see just how far it had moved. Since the Y move during Z lift didn't change the Y axis position (it was still considered at "home", position 0), the Y endstop switch didn't register when in negative coordinates, so I counted until I heard the click. It was 10mm. Interestingly enough, the RRD SmartController LCD doesn't do negative numbers, it went through symbols instead.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 07-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Everything looks pretty reasonable in the Configuration.h file. Can you try doing an M502 followed by a M500 to insure we are using the Configuration.h settings. And see if it still does the same thing. Are you running the Enahnced G29 code at the start of this thread?

Engineer
    If you scroll down a bit, you'll see I have the EEPROM turned off as well, but I'll put in those M codes when the current print is finished. Yes, I've added the Enhanced code to the firmware already. Edit: I just did the M502 followed by M500, then homed all axes. Y axis still moves during Z lift. I feel I should note the Y axis doesn't move with every Z movement, only during the "Z lift before homing".
    Last edited by Roxy; 07-26-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Yes, I saw the EEPROM chit chat was turned off. But I want to make sure the EEPROM actually matches the current configuration.h just in case the wrong EEPROM image is loaded.

What is your schedule like? Is there a 4 or 5 hour block of time you can be at your machine and printer so we can do this without a day in between each response?

You are still failing to answer the question: Are you running the 'Enhanced G20 Bed Leveling Code' ?

Engineer
    I did already answer your question, before the edit. Yes, I'm running the enhanced code. I'll be available tomorrow after 12 noon mountain time.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 07-26-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I did already answer your question, before the edit. Yes, I'm running the enhanced code. I'll be available tomorrow after 12 noon mountain time.
    What I don't think I saw in the conversation was whether you were using the auto bed leveling code before adding Roxy's enhancements and if so, did the problem exist then?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    OK. Is it possible to do a quick video of the behavior? That would be helpful, but I understand if you can't make that happen. How about you post your Marlin_main.cpp file also. At worst case, I can build your firmware and see if I can duplicate the behavior.

One way or the other, we will skin this cat. Hopefully, it goes quickly.

Engineer
    Yes, I was using auto bed levelling before I added the enhanced code. No, the Y axis movement is not a bug of the enhancement code.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    OK. Is it possible to do a quick video of the behavior?
    Video is uploading. It will be at http://youtu.be/H1fGJysek4M when it's done.

Here is my Marlin_main.cpp.

I think I see the problem. But I haven't spent enough time looking at it to be sure. What I'm going to do is clean up your Marlin_Main.cpp file and send it back to you. (You will get some other goodies like the M48 command at the same time <---<<< Not True! You already had that in there!)

I suspect the problem is you put the 'optional' Z_RAISE code after homing in the wrong place. In particular... I have not looked at it enough to be positive, but these instructions got implemented at a similar, but not correct spot in the Marlen_Main.cpp file:

This step is also optional. Because of how some people's Z-Probe is constructed, it is best to raise the nozzle prior to retracting the probe. The Enhanced G29 code handles this circumstance. But as it turns out, the stock G28 command is also guilty of this bad behavior. If you need the G28 command to raise the nozzle prior to retracting the probe, make the following changes in Marlin_Main.cpp :

Find the following code:
    // Retract Servo endstop if enabled

I left the Blocking move you put at the end of the G30. Probably that makes sense to have there. (Maybe I should add it to the instructions on the first page of this thread???) But I have one caution for you. The way the Blocking Move routines work is they use the current_position[] array to know where to start from and they modify it at their completion. There are only certain places and conditions where you can use these functions. I think this funny Y-Axis behavior is a result of having them in the wrong places. (I'm not absolutely positive about that... But I have seen similar types of issue when not being real careful about how they are used.)

----------
    UPDATE: I've attached the cleaned up code. Please save your old file so you don't lose it and rename this file Marlin_Main.cpp and put it in your build directory. See if it compiles cleanly. (It should... I was pretty careful crossing over the changes, but it is easy to make a mistake.) If it builds OK, please load it into your printer and see if it behaves better. But be ready to press the RESET button if the nozzle does anything you don't expect!!!!

Are we getting closer to the correct behavior????
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roxy; 07-27-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast