Close

I'd love to see something more complex printed before backing

Don't get me wrong. I think this Peachy Printer is an awesome idea with a great price. I'm very seriously considering backing the project. The one thing I would really like to see first is something more complex printed in the example. I know it is capable of doing something like a little statue or whatnot, but I would like to see it in action first. Anyone else with me on this?

Jan

I agree, that it would be nice to see the printer in action a bit more, printing things that most of us want to print when we get it.

I would like to see a more complex print too. I'm curious to see how bigger printed objects fair. Tiny prism prints demonstrate that they were able to print tiny prisms. Lets see Suzanne or something else with high detail. I want to see a print that shows off Peachy's accuracy.

Student
    I think it will take a while until something more spectacular can be printed :-)
    Next to the resolution and precision issues, they seem to experiment with the resin formula.

From my Printrbot I know how time consuming testing and adjusting can be, not to imagine constructing a new printer from scratch!
    I have about two dozen yoda heads and tiny gauntlets Laying around from test printing.
    I am sure once the production state gets near, they will print some neat eye candy models...

I really registered just to say the same thing as the OP, so it's a shame there isn't really an official response.

Investing CA$100-CA$300 on the prints we've seen to date is a reasonable gamble & a lot of money has obviously been raised by people taking that gamble.

But, until we see more prints I feel we're being asked to make an unreasonable leap of faith for the CA$1,000+ pledges.