Close

Threaded View

Flashforge Finder PLA getting caught on Nozzle and model base getting dragged around.

Okay - first mistake - bought a second hand Flashforge Finder at a bargain price, and lo and behold it doesn't work properly....

I have manually leveled the build platform using a sheet of paper and calibrated the extruder to the same level i.e. friction when moving a sheet of 100gsm A4.

I have tried various temperatures from 190 to 220, and with or without glue stick on the base, and am printing with the newest Flashprint drivers etc.

I have created a test print containing 9 small flat squares. It starts printing at the top tight hand corner and only 1 in 10 times will it manage even a basic attempt at the top square which is pretty warped and crappy.

It seems to be leaving a continual trail of PLA, and when the nozzle crosses over the model at speed, it seems to drag a strand of PLA across the build plate at a speed and distance that leaved a raised strand for the nozzle to catch on.

Can anyone give me any advide on what my next move should be?

Also - whatever it is does it sound fixable i.e. part of the 3D printing territory, or should I try (and likely fail - buyer beware and all that) to get a refund and go for a new Finder, or indeed a different entry level printer?

Fingers crossed and many thanks in advance.

Joe.

BTW - I also reckon believe the X axis to be off by a few cm, but I'm guessing that's another story...
    Attached Images Attached Images