Close

Printing Remotely to the MakerBot Replicator 2 - Is it possible?

Does anyone know how to print remotely to the Replicator 2? My buddy just got one and he can't seem to figure it out. Is there some sort of drivers that need to be installed, and software add on that is needed, or can the printer do it by itself?

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    There is something that you can get somewhere, that you plug into the back of the printer.

There is no way to do this without additional hardware, and I'm not exactly sure what the part is called or where to get it. I just know that it exists.

Student
    A bigger question would be why? Why tie up a computer to do a print? I do all of my printing from the SD card. Russ

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    So, the item I'm talking about was from a Kickstarter and it's called the "Doodle3D".

Our computers teacher got one, but has yet to bring it in to try, so I have no idea if it works well.

www.doodle3d.com
    The exact part I'm talking about: HERE

//EDIT: Now that I have a name and webpage, I looked at it and I don't think that it will do what I previously thought it would...
    I'll look into it but just from glancing at the store page, it looks as if you an only print things that you have made in their program/application.
    Last edited by MysteryAlabaster; 04-29-2014 at 07:55 AM.