Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes that should work but you need to put glue in both parts because it should be hermetic I think that your system it is more complicated. Mine yo just have to make 2 holes and put 2 wires, if you want i may make a video.

And yes, this is the kind of thing...

That is it

Glue are blue circles. I made the holes with a needle and a lighter

Engineer-in-Training
    You are absolutely right, my design is much more complicated. I just don't like sealants, I do not trust them. I prefer threaded with a gasket, but I digress.

Great drawing! When I get my hands on an IV I am absolutely going to try this.

I did find a lab supply, however, and got some pipettes and burettes today. I will report back on them when I can.

Student
    Nice one! My fiancé should be able to help as she works in the hospital.

Peachy Printer Founder
    For what its worth here is one of my early dippers.
    It has 2 wires very close together that are both struck by each drip at the same timeThe drip falls directly between them
    connecting them very briefly.

I found this dripper worked great when it worked but ...
    1. It was very sensitive to being perfectly vertical
    2. Every once in a while water would actually bead between the to wires leaving them connected.
    3. It was tuff to get a good seal that looked good and was reliable.
    4. I couldn't adjust the drip size
    5. The wires corroded very quickly.

2013-10-30 22.34.12.jpg

2013-10-31 03.13.53.jpg

Technician
    have we considered using a standard iv admin set for drip regulation? in bulk (50 pack) they cost around $0.9-1 each and incorporate the tubing, drip reservoir, roller valve (for setting speed of drops)... they also have several standards for drop size, 10, 15, 20, or 60 drops /ml.... the 60 drops/ml would have an extremely high resolution .... something like this

Technician
    Quick question: Are we using salt water because the resin wont float on top of normal tap water(density reasons) or are we using it exclusively for its conductive properties? And have we tried using a IR led and phototransistor to count drops? (like a Slot sensor)

Staff Engineer
    You'll notice in an early post of this linked thread that fresh water floats on top of resin... So yes, the salt is required for the resin to float.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12