Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alternative (easier???) drip system

Hi. First of all sorry for my English.

I would like to show you an alternative drip system. I am a veterinarian and I have an alternative way. Use a medical drip with two holes for 2 wires and glue.

video:

Pictures:

Price of the drip 0.46 €
    10 minutes
    Last edited by ser10gonzalez; 04-26-2014 at 05:06 PM.

wow... look like a mess! hahaha

I was thinking about a medical drip system, but can consumer buy them somewhere?

For the rest, it seems to be working very nicely. I guess you can ajust the drip speed?

Engineer-in-Training
    Nice hack! Is that a roller clamp? A few of us have been wondering about those, how is it working for you? What kind of drip speed can you get before the drip turns into a stream? What kind of valve is that? Sorry for all the questions, but I am really curious about what you have got there.

I send a video to show the drip speed. It is very easy to change the speed and the drop size it is always the same (20 drops 1 ml). I know that it is a mess i promise to make a nicer one next week jeje.

see the video at 720p to see the drops

Engineer-in-Training
    GREAT VIDEO! I love it! That roller clamp looks perfect for Peachy! And the drops are always .05ml? How do you know that?

Awesome work ser10gonzalez, I love your solution for the saltwater/upper reservoir. I might do that too Is that a special bottle? Is it just a regular bottle a hole in the bottom?

Do you have access to very large syringes? Perhaps you could run the hose through the syringe as the Peachy does now. If so, you could contain the entire assembly within a syringe, and perhaps you would not need glue!

Really impressed, please keep us updated Doctor Gonzalez!
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-28-2014 at 05:05 PM.

In medicine, drips always drip the same size of drop (strange sentence) you need to know the amount of chemicals you put inside someone. In normal drips (macro drips) 20 drops are 1 ml, in pediatric drips (also known as micro drips) 60 drops are 1 ml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_(unit)

My upper reservoir it is just a saline serum bottle (with opened bottom) because it has rubber an you can puncture the tube quite easy. But anything (like a plastic bottle with opened bottom and a rubber cap) should be OK.

I cant understand the thing with the syringe, but this method it is very simple, if you want i can make you a diagram. I put a lot of silicone because it should be hermetic (airproof) if you want to control the speed with the roller clamp.

I am suppose to be in the second tier but I have no mail yet. If I manage to have a printer I will tell you if it works right

Seriously working VERY nicely.

I'll take a look to find Medical supplier in Canada.

It should be easy, in any hospital, clinic or veterinarian clinic should have many of them. If you send me my printer I'll send you a dozen

Quote Originally Posted by ser10gonzalez View Post
    It should be easy, in any hospital, clinic or veterinarian clinic should have many of them. If you send me my printer I'll send you a dozen
    huehuehuehue BR

Engineer-in-Training
    Is this the kind of thing you are using? http://www.revivalanimal.com/IV-Admi..._7c22735_d_106

I hope this terrible drawing helps explain what I am trying to say. Basically put your valve into a syringe. The hose and wires go through the black part of the syringe and the other hose goes out the bottom, snug fit.

Last edited by Anuvin; 04-28-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast