Hi all, new here. A question for all you 3D printer guys: Do you think that I could possibly use a 3D printer, to print car parts? Are there any obstacles to this, or any reason this shouldn't be done? I buy and sell used cars a lot, and I'm always needing some little plastic (and sometimes metal) part. Often times interior parts will crack, as well as all other manner of car part that die, as I'm sure you're all well aware. The other day I had a perfectly good fuel pump assembly that I had to pay $85 to replace. All that was wrong with it, was the solid piece plastic cap was cracked. That's it. It had a crack in it. If I could have just used a 3D printer to print me a new plastic "cap" for this fuel pump assembly, I wouldn't have had to pay $85 for a new cap. Or like yesterday, I just needed a new interior vent for the dash on a Ford Focus. Had to buy one for $17. It was a solid piece. Couldn't I have just printed a new one?

Next question:

If I can do it, what is a good 3D printer for this purpose? What's a good 3D printer for a newbie, and that has the... size capacity to print parts that are up 1.5 to 2 feet long?