Close

Prusa i3 parts help!

I'm working on my first single-plate Prusa i3 build and purchased an aluminum frame and parts kit from a supplier in Spain. The supplier assured me he was using the most recent BOM, however the Y-axis corners he sent have an M8 center hole instead of the M10 that's specified in the RepRap wiki build manual. I've already got all the rods, so I'd rather just swap out the printed parts.

He's willing to ship me new parts, however since he's in Spain the cost of shipping alone is $30 to $40 (I could literally buy a whole new parts kit off eBay for that much.)

If there's anybody who could print these, I'd be happy to pay you - as long as it wasn't forty bucks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
    David

Student
    I don´t know if you mamaged to solve your issues in the meantime. It would be a pleasure for me to help out here but since I´m lockated in Europe this does not make much sense in terms of shipping cost and time. I´ve seen some sellers in Ebay.com, maybe one is willing to print you just the part you need, give it a try.

David, pm me or email me at john(at)botbuilder.net if you still need a set of these parts printed today.

John

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DEP View Post
    I'm working on my first single-plate Prusa i3 build and purchased an aluminum frame and parts kit from a supplier in Spain. The supplier assured me he was using the most recent BOM, however the Y-axis corners he sent have an M8 center hole instead of the M10 that's specified in the RepRap wiki build manual. I've already got all the rods, so I'd rather just swap out the printed parts.

He's willing to ship me new parts, however since he's in Spain the cost of shipping alone is $30 to $40 (I could literally buy a whole new parts kit off eBay for that much.)

If there's anybody who could print these, I'd be happy to pay you - as long as it wasn't forty bucks.

Thanks!
    David
    Why change at all?
    If you build using the 8mm, you can then enhance the printer a lot by clamping itb down to a base board with four cable clamps.
    This adds far more usefulness to the printer, makes it super strong, costs you almost nothing and improves the machine no end.
    I did the opposite to your problem, In have a mix of 8mm and 10mm and I changed them all to 8mm so that I could have a uniform material for my builds and make the build better.
    If you are interested in what I have done and how I did it, I will take some photos of some of my builds to show you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DEP View Post

Thanks!
    David

30-40 dollars? well your still lucky :P

America to Belgium (Makerfarm prusa i3) was 130 dollars (USPS) and 160 import fees..

Oh well, I guess you already found your guy aka John

If you look on the forums you can find Johns Prusa i3 workshops, and i guess his kits are just fine if you need one.

This guy posted and then disappeared? He never contacted me and I was willing to print them for him for free. Go figure?