Hi Guys

First post here, so Hi... and it seems I have found a cracking 3D forum - having not been too impressed elsewhere!

I have a CTC dual, sailfish and around 3 weeks of use.

Only been printing PLA, and using the right hand extruder.

I have been having hassle with the feed skipping... ie the typical clicking from the stepper.

I raised the hot end temp and still no better.

So - tried manual load from teh front panel - and even then, with sailfish "in control" with temp set at 230, the motor is clicking away...every half inch of feed, then it runs for a few inches and off it goes again.

That did make me think its temp related... ie heater on =ok, then it cools... and clicks... heater on.... etc etc

I have stripped the hot end down, and the ptfe tube in the stainless guide had what looked like grease (brown in colour) between the ptfc and the stainless guide tube..is this normal? None in the actual filament tube "inside"... I did wonder if it helps transfer heat?

Looking around for an upgrade (as its in bits and many posts say upgrade them)... what do I change to?

Should I stay with the brass extruder with "fitted" ptfe tube or go to stainess extruder and cut and fit ptfe?

In terms of the stainless guide - it has onlt 8mm or so of thread and the rest is plain turned. Is this component ok, or should I go with something better?

Lastly - the very small (2mm?) allen key to adjust the guide height - was thinking about drilling it out, tappping it, and fitting a 3 or perhaps a 5mm grub screw in there - is that sensible?

Thanks in advance for youe help and advice.

David