Close

X-Idler Top Plate *.stl file

This is the top plate of the Prusa i3 X-Idler:
    X idler.jpg
    which is located here: Location of plate on printer.JPG

The long screw goes through this plate and activates the Z-axis endstop switch can come break out from the plate because it is too close to the edge of the plate. I have created an *.stl file of this plate and produced this:

The printed plate.jpg

The large hole is for the threaded rod to go through and the smaller, 3mm is for the long screw.

Here is the *.stl file:

Z-axis endstop block.stl

Old Man Emu

Did you paint all the wood? The A-axis endstop doesn't look painted here to me. Did you paint before putting everything together? I live in a high humid area so have been thinking I should paint mine, but am worried about causing problems with assembly.

When I initially got the kit, there were burn marks caused by the laser cutting. I didn't think it was a good look, so I grabbed the first spray can on my shelves and painted all the wood before I assembled the kit.. The spray paint was a vinyl type. It hasn't affected the wood in the kit at all. The replacement part was cut from 6mm (1/4") MDF, and I didn't have any more paint left. I've since printed the part in ABS and will fit it when I pull the assembly apart to install the bed leveling kit.

OME

Thanks for the part!

Have you put any thought to uploading this to thingiverse.com?

Mohamed does not go to mountain, mountain comes to Mohamed.

(It's for the wonderful members of this forum. The rest can suffer without it.)

OME