Ok so first off I need to say I have been obsessively researching and learning about fdm 3d printing since I began doing product design and prototyping at my job. My boss bought a Flashforge Creator Pro and put me in charge of learning all about it and making it work. No problem. There is a ton of info and a huge community so it was relatively simple and the thing is now perfectly dialed in(knock on wood). I had so much fun with this printer though that I had to get my own.

I am loving the Ultra even though it is a clone of a clone and the "dreamer" firmware is not open for tinkering. The caveat here is the powerprint slicer it comes with. It's awful compared to Flashprint. I attempted to use Flashprint since the Creator Pro is mechanically the same essentially only to find out that the Powerspec Ultra reads Gcode.... Unlike any other Flashforge or Flashforge clone I am aware of.

As the title says I have been having issues with stringing. I have brought the extrusion temp down to 180 but stringing remains consistently bad. I assume this is a retraction setting issue? If so what slicer software would be recommended? I have been trying to avoid pulling the trigger on S3D in hopes that PowerPrint updates to the newest version of Flashprint essentially allowing me to enable an "expert mode" and tweak retraction settings but if it is unavoidable then it can be done.

I am hesitant to insert my own start and end g-code in a program like slic3r or Cura without advice from somebody more experienced than I so any sort of assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.