Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Come3d, not calibrated properly. Really need help

Hi there, I purchased the following 3D printer DSC_0001.jpg

My problem is that when i use the default calibration profile the platform all ways goes off into the right side of the printer and keeps trying to go that way. Also the extruder just goes all the way up and then comes down a little but doesn't get anywhere near the bottom where it should.
    So when i set them both to center in the control panel, it does that perfectly. I even set the X,Y,Z to 0,0,0,0 on the motherboard settings, but as soon as i try to print, there goes the platform off to the side and continuously hitting it.
    I don't have a clue what i'm doing wrong, it says to load the calibration profile and press build, but that just makes the extruder and platform do the things i just talked about.
    Is there anyone that can help me with this? I could upload a video if necessary? Would really appreciate the help!

Thanks

Don't bother uploading a video. Tell us about the operating system and the electronics. There is precious little about this printer on the Net.

Old Man Emu

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Don't bother uploading a video. Tell us about the operating system and the electronics. There is precious little about this printer on the Net.

Old Man Emu
    Hi there, the following information is off the manual. Edit::: Iv'e just read the manual and for calibrating it says to revolve the Z-axis down to the platform but not touching and making sure there both centered ( which i did). It then says to use the provided script *Thing-O-Matic Calibration* After choosing that and allowing it to do it's thing, it talks about the platform X-Axis will move to the right, and Y-Axis moves backwards and when confronted with the limit switch will be stopped respectfully. Only problem is that it seems to only do the X-axis and then hits the limit switch, it doesn't even go to Y-Axis. When i actually go to print it just hits the limit switch 10 times and then moves to the left, stops for 20 seconds and then starts to print, problem with that is it tries to print no were near the extruder, so it just lets out the stuff and falls off onto the printer as the platform is off printing somewhere else??? do have any clue what this could be?

Position accuracy. 0.1mm
    Print precision. 0.1-0.3 mm
    Layer thickness. 0.3mm
    Speed: 15cm/ hour
    Build size: 120x120x120 mm
    Nozzle aperture 0.4mm
    Power requirements 220V300W, ATX
    Comparability Windows, ( I use Windows 7 64 Bit )
    CE, CSA specification, CE, CSA

That's it. Do i need to provide anything else?

Many thanks
    Last edited by arkcreations; 04-21-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Are you able to open the printer up so that you can see the controller board? If you can, please post a photo?

What we are trying to find out is what is running the printer, and can we work out the firmware. Once we can do this, the solution to your problem might be arrived at easily.

OME

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Are you able to open the printer up so that you can see the controller board? If you can, please post a photo?

What we are trying to find out is what is running the printer, and can we work out the firmware. Once we can do this, the solution to your problem might be arrived at easily.

OME
    Just added more information to my post above ^ might help with determining the problem. Yes i'll open it up in a moment, just see if the extra information i provided is of any use. Thanks

Hello,

I also have this printer, similar problem.

During calibration all 3 axis drive to the limit switches and the red light activates, but the axis keeps on driving.

The hardware being used is Makerbot mother board v2.4. I am running firmware 3.5 and extruder firmware 3.1.

Z axis was recognising end stock initially but now Keeps driving.

hope you can help.

Hello I have also just purchased this and has just arrived, i am wondering whether it is possible to run this on mac osx platform?

HAs anybody got problems with it not sticking on the platform? Im using ABS and it warps of ont he thrid layer no matter how big the model is

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwings View Post
    HAs anybody got problems with it not sticking on the platform? Im using ABS and it warps of ont he thrid layer no matter how big the model is
    That's not unique to that printer, most ABS printers warp and not stick. Check one of the MANY other threads on this topic for more info.

Woah, woah. Did I read that correctly? 0.3mm maximum layer height? Everything I'm reading about this one scares me a little. I have yet to see someone say that they bought one, calibrated it, and got it to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast