As the title implies............ I was very inebriated and skyping with a friend who generally encourages me to do very wild things. So now i have a refurb replicator on the way. I've done a gone chunk of research and seems that i can go through the headache of returning it and getting ~650-700 back if i argue enough OR i can buy a smart extruder+ which seems to make the 5th gen a decent printer/some home-made mods. My warranty is through an external insurer so i can do as i please to the printer, so i can totally tear any part of my printer as needed.This gives me a lot of room to experiment...

If they become clogged/damaged, i have the means to fix any mechanical issues/dissolve any clogs/ sand down any parts (work in engineering lab, have access to machine shop, electrical shop, tons of solvents, fumehood, parts storage, etc). Will the l it not print at all?? (instant jam??/failure to feed??) I want to try and give it a chance until a few more months down the road, so then i can just return it and upgrade to maybe something in the ~1500-2000 range. But as stated above, i can always nuke it and get a 750-1000 printer w/ some extra cash.

All suggestions/feedback/links/support is welcomed'

Experience: about a month working 6-10 hours a day on a flashforge dreamer (modded that one heavily, as mentioned above); bought replicator to make my own prototypes at home.