Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    There are a lot of helpful settings that the standard interface doesn't expose to you. Things like support to model distance, this is important if your supports are hard to remove. Support angle and densitiy is helpful to adjust if you feel the stock settings aren't supporting the overhangs enough. I adjust acceleration settings to print faster in a straight line, but reduce speeds at corners, very helpful on small detailed objects.

You can adjust first layer speed and I think temp, but temp is disabled by default.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    to pick the extruder just click on the object and go to the bottom option on the left hand side of the screen.
    You can choose which extruder to use from there (can't currently remember what it's called).
    At the moment I just use the left extruder as the right nozzle got blocked and I haven't put it back yet.

Also if you make a custom profile - be aware that makerware ignores all current settings resest everything. So don't assume that the settings you've just set will carry through to nthe custom profile - they won't. I've found them to be more hassle than they're worth. Also you can't load a custom profile and then tweak quality/speed or temps. That's just stupid right there.

ALso if you switch from direct print to export to sd - it changes the speed settings, so check them again.
    It's stupid little things like this, that stop it being a great piece of software.

That said I've never felt any real need to mess with anything but the standard: temps/quality/speed. I'd like to change first layer settings but couldn't figure out how even with proftweak.

So until i can use a different piece of software - makerware does the job and for the most part, does it quite well.

Thank you so, much since I am still learning, how come when I did a dual print and said no raft it printed a wall type raft around both sides? it does say no raft.thanks

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmurf View Post
    Thank you so, much since I am still learning, how come when I did a dual print and said no raft it printed a wall type raft around both sides? it does say no raft.thanks

That is called a Purge wall. It uses that to clean the nozzle before switching print heads. With proftweak profile editing you can turn that off, it might be better to leave it on though.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    a raft is a flat sheet of plastic printed below the actual model.

It gives pretty much idiot proof printing. But doesn't give the best finish to the bottom of the model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12