Close

Exclamation HELP - Bed Leveled, Z axis looks like its raising during print - not sticking

I just leveled my bed twice. Hit print, noticed the filament was not sticking to the bed, looked down and noticed that the head is raising up 5x higher then where it lays when leveling/at Z's 0.

Help? Does anything know why this is happening? The G-Code is correct, I even selected an old print and it did the same thing to that print as well.

Bed is Leveled - GCode Normal

Printer - MP Select Mini

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Well something is not level.

Either the bed is not level, falling away from the head, or the head is rising up.

And what do you mean by 5x? Is it say .5mm from the bed when it starts and ends up 2.5mm?

Diagnosing the head is lifting should be easy enough. Observe the Z axis motor as you start your print. If it turns a bit, there's your issue. Something may be telling it to lift a bit, or something is physically forcing it to lift. Disconnect the Z motor from the board if you can, and if it still lifts, it's being forced to lift.

Calling your bed level is sort of ambiguous in this situation. If the metric you are using to level the bed is inaccurate itself, then it will give you a false reading. Get a dial indicator and confirm the bed is actually level. Mount the indicator next to the print head, and run it by hand over the bed surface. If you are already using a dial indicator, then the leveling procedure has a flaw in it (I truly doubt a dial indicator would give identical results over multiple trials if it was broken). Look at your procedure and figure out what you could be doing to induce an erroneous reading. Maybe your hand is pushing down a bit in one place.