Close

Banned

3D Printing Infograph: Getting Close to a Star Trek Future

I love infographs. They put a ton of information into one image and make it so much more interesting and easy to understand. Here is the latest one I have come across from the Best Computer Science School. It pretty much states that eventually 3D printing technology will progress so far that we will have a future sort of like that of Star Trek. It goes over all the ways in which 3D printing can be used as well as why we want to use 3D printing. What do you guys and girls think? Will we see a future like Star Trek, or will 3d printing technology develop slower than many expect?

Looks good. I do see an error though in the graphic. They claim that Makerbot was purchased by Stratasys for $400 billion. Should be $400 million. Apple is barely worth $400 billion lol.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Looks good. I do see an error though in the graphic. They claim that Makerbot was purchased by Stratasys for $400 billion. Should be $400 million. Apple is barely worth $400 billion lol.
    I think the record for the biggest buyout only stands at 160-180 billion, and we are talking companies like Vodafone, Time warner, AOL etc..

If Bre made 400 billion, he'd be making something better than the gen5 you would imagine