Nope... not the prints.

The heated bed is delaminating. More like chipping.

So I moved a few months ago, and repacked the printer back into it's original box, foam and all. While moving it on a hand truck, the girlfriend accidentally dumped it. It was a gentle fall, but these things don't need to be dropped!

After setting it (Davinci 1.0) back up in the new place, first print was fine. Second print though, a shard of glass stuck to the print. Not a triangular piece of broken glass, but like a chip. The glass looks fine, until a piece falls off. Now I have pushing a dozen various small chips in the glass bed, which is heated and adhered to the heating elements.

For now, I am using blue painters tape to line the bed and bridge the pot holes, and since my prints don't stick to that worth a damn, I use glue stick on top of that. And then I have issues getting the tape off the print.

Eventually a new bed will be ordered, but of course, it's an XYZ debacle to get one, since I have to buy the whole unit, just not new glass, wires to the board and everything.

So here's the kicker and the question. My workshop is now unheated, and since I moved and been printing, it's cold in here. The printer is self contained, and I close off the top vent to keep the warm air in the printer. Before I go buy a new bed, is the environment I'm printing in causing the glass issues, or is it from the fall or a couple years of gently whacking at it with a scraper? I have plans to move it inside once I build a desk and work station for it, but I don't want to replace the glass now, and have it repeat because of the cold.