Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    wirlybird,

I recently bought a new printer (the same powerspec ultra 3d) and with the same simplify3d settings as with the old powerspec it prints fine. I am still trying to fix the old as I would like to have two functioning printers. This leads me to think it is more mechanical.

noiseboy72,

I think that you are correct. Like I said in my original post, I don't think the pulley is loose because it isn't fixed by a set screw but is just fitted on the stepper motor shaft by a D shape hole so that it can't slip.

Hey all,

Last week I finally decided to take apart the printer and found that the left extruder fan wasn't turning on at all during the print (I am primarily using the left extruder). I found that the fan was getting caught on the grill(?) of the extruder fan. After fixing this I ran a print and it printed perfectly. I can't explain exactly why this was causing the issue, maybe the fan motor was stealing amperage from the rest of the printer attempting to overcome the torque it was experiencing or maybe the extruder was just getting too hot. Anyway, thanks for all of your help.

Super Moderator
    Extruder getting to "hot" would definitely be possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123