Close

What's your favorite Slicer?

I've been using Slic3r since I started 3D printing. I do know that there are some good alternatives out there though for slicing before printing. I've heard of Cura, KISSlicer and several others. I was just inquiring to see which Slicer you guys like the best and why. Anyone out there use something other than Slic3r?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    If you'll search the forum for the slicer names you'll find some discussions. This will get you started:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ight=kisslicer
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I mostly use Cura, and sometime Repetier.
    Just print and feel what seems to work best for you ^^

I've heard that Kisslicer wouldnt be to bad either, But never realy tried it yet.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I've actually never used a slicing program, Replicator G and Makerware just take care of that stuff for me

Anyone used a slicer and RepG, is there any difference between that and the embedded skeinforge?

Engineer
    simplify3d

IMO Cura is probably the best slicer I've used. I'm getting perfect prints with it each time. It's also very easy to use and has a ton of options. I've tried most of the popular slicers and keep going back to Cura. They're all free so download them all and have fun

I also just used Slic3r. I haven't ever tried anything else. Just always assumed it was the best.

Technician
    Same here, Cura also has the most pleasing interface. I don't like the Pronterface integration in Cura so for that I use the standalone version when I'm printing from a laptop.