Close

Choosing a Dual extruder 3d printer

Hi, I'm 15 years old and just launched a kickstarter campaign for my phone case with interchangeable attachments. I am going to manufacture it using 3d printing, I have factored 1200 dollars of my goal to go towards a flashforge creator. I picked this one because it has a dual extruder and reasonable print volume for manufacturing at a small scal. However, I just saw the reprapro tricoulor mendel, which also fits into my price range l. Does anyone know if this printer has good quality prints, and if one of the extruder can be loaded with HIPS for soluble support? Also, if their are any other 3d printers I have not considered. My minium specs are, dual extruder 30 mm a second print speed, a build volume over 150 mm by 150 mm by 150. Any advise would be great, also please check out my kickstarter campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/26877379/the-limitless-case-for-the-gs4-and-nexus-5

wow, quite impressive for being only 15 years old. I am not familiar with the Repraps, but the Replicator 2X is a good dual extruder printer. Probably my favorite.

What are the other mainstream dual extruder printers out there other than the Replicator 2X?

I would personaly buy a wanhao duplicator 4X rather than a flashforge,
    I don't know a flashforge that well, But i've heard quiet some good things about the Wanhao so basicly thats why i am recommending it
    But of course before buying anything, do some research in reviews and peoples opinion about it that own the printer.

Technologist
    The Wanhao Duplicator 4X seems to be pretty popular with people on the 3D Printer Tips, Tricks, and Reviews Google group. If the build size weren't as small as it is, I'd have probably gone for it myself. I went with a Rostock Max V2 kit instead. Nearly complete, though I've been working on it at a snails pace due to back problems, it would probably take an average person about 2 days.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantGabrielson View Post
    Hi, I'm 15 years old and just launched a kickstarter campaign for my phone case with interchangeable attachments. I am going to manufacture it using 3d printing, I have factored 1200 dollars of my goal to go towards a flashforge creator. I picked this one because it has a dual extruder and reasonable print volume for manufacturing at a small scal. However, I just saw the reprapro tricoulor mendel, which also fits into my price range l. Does anyone know if this printer has good quality prints, and if one of the extruder can be loaded with HIPS for soluble support? Also, if their are any other 3d printers I have not considered. My minium specs are, dual extruder 30 mm a second print speed, a build volume over 150 mm by 150 mm by 150. Any advise would be great, also please check out my kickstarter campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/26877379/the-limitless-case-for-the-gs4-and-nexus-5
    Flashforge are an excellent machine and have no problems at all making iphone cases

I agree with Geoff. Im a huge flashforge supporter. I too have made phone cases on my brothers Flashforge. I have a Replicator 2X and it works very nicely for a dual extruder printer

I am also a big supporter of flashforge. I have been using Dreamer to 3d print many stuffs and I haven't met any problem so far.