Close

Can't get multiple extruders to work successfully

I have a flash forge creator pro with white PLA in the left extruder and black ABS in the right.
    I'm trying to print a traffic cone using the simplify3d dual extrusion wizard but both times, part of the ooze shield / print fails and the pla nozzle gets jammed.
    I can print the cone using a single extruder just fine.
    Here are some time lapses to show you what is happening.
    https://goo.gl/photos/X8993fJwHbxffyrF9
    Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    My guess is using the two dissimilar materials and the heat differences for the extruders. Try PLA in both or ABS in both and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    My guess is using the two dissimilar materials and the heat differences for the extruders. Try PLA in both or ABS in both and see how that goes.
    Thanks i'll try that next but I thought you could mix materials, PVA for supports for example?

Super Moderator
    Some you can and some not really. ABS and PLA probably won't stick together well and the temp differences could cause extruder issues especially for the PLA side.

Super Moderator
    Doing PLA from both you will want to go search a dual fan option on thingiverse. It basically replaces the fan nozzle with one that goes to both extruder nozzles.

Thanks i'll try pla in both. The manual said to only use pla in the left and abs in the right because of the turbo fan being on the left.

Thanks, i'll go hunt one down.

Super Moderator
    Correct. To do PLA in both you will need the modified fan outlet that blows on both nozzle areas. Pretty simple deal.