Close

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks for the feedback guys. You keep checking and offering insight, and I will keep the updates rolling as often as I can.

DrLuigi - You are right, the layers are getting better as I go, but it's a bit touch and go. Should get better as I nail it down. This print is a tiny 35 mm tall, which makes it really, really hard for the peachy to get the finer details.

ijmok - It is tough to show the detail, but I will do my best to give you decent shots to see what I am seeing. Thanks for checking out my prints

Mike - I think my z is still stretched out. Drip size changes are tough to deal with, but it's getting there. The neck is 1cm, and the print is 1.5 cm wide. I would say it is a little smaller, but getting to where it should be. Just gotta get that z a little tighter.

Feign - Yeah, it's far from perfect. The print, or the calibration process. But so early in the game, it's not surprising. I will try to get my print size up and get some finer details though, because even though you have to look for the details, they are there. And that is inspiring.

Oh, and Peachy software in combination with user calibration totally accounts for the X/Y deflection. It still has to be dialed in a little, but the user sets the correction, so if the x/y is truly out of whack, it's at least partially, or wholly, my fault.

Engineer-in-Training
    Anuvin...... thanks for all your efforts on our behalf...... really appreciate it !!!!!!

Engineer-in-Training
    Absolutely. If anyone wants me to try something specific, let me know. I am always down to try stuff.

Here is a very high res (slightly out of focus...) shot of that julia next to a smaller one I did, and a quarter for some scale. Also, as a bonus, an outrageously filthy paper towel.

Staff Engineer
    Off the top of my head, there was that discussion we had in the other thread about the possibility of printing a lens, after a quick check of Thingiverse I found this one. A pretty simple shape for the slicer, and you don't have to print it very big to get the desired result. I'd think it would be best to print it upright unlike the heart print that the Peachy crew did originally, also add a boss to the top edge of the lens to capture any voids that might form as the resin shrinks while curing.

Aside from that, I'm sure everyone wants to see the Yoda head, or perhaps Pink Panther Woman... Because reasons.

If you want to go completely crazy, there's Emmit's Gear Bearing. If the Peachy can handle a print-in-place assembly like that I'd be amazed.

Hum, I think the peachy could be able to do this, only need to leave a space to not cure the resine between the gears !

Engineer-in-Training
    an interesting exercise would be to print a shallow object, such as a disk, several times with the resin at different starting heights. Is that possible? if x and y are properly calibrated, the disk should be the same diameter regardless of the resin starting height. How do you tell Peachy the resin height (z) to start with????

the peachy does the calculation by itself afaik (didnt print yet, got my stuff yesterday).

Engineer-in-Training
    You manually set the water/resin level to where you want it to begin, in most cases, slightly under the print grid. That is not an experiment that we need to run, I know that to be absolutely the case. The peachy is ridiculously consistent with simple shapes.

I am building a rig so folks who want to see bigger prints can be satisfied, I hope. Updates tonight.
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-23-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Is there somewhere else that beta testers are leaving input, exchanging ideas and getting help because it seems that very few of the beta testers are anyway active here?

Beta testers that are here please keep up the awesome work! it has been really cool to see some pictures and get a feeling for how it is going!

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    You manually set the water/resin level to where you want it to begin, in most cases, slightly under the print grid. That is not an experiment that we need to run, I know that to be absolutely the case. The peachy is ridiculously consistent with simple shapes.

I am building a rig so folks who want to see bigger prints can be satisfied, I hope. Updates tonight.
    Just wanted to say that its awsome that your keeping us updated on the Beta peachy printer you've received,

Again thanks
    And goodluck on your rig.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast