Close

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will be ontrack as far as I know. No big flaw that would push the delivery right now !
    Saying stuff like that is the surefire way to jinx it, man!

I know how things happen while a product (especially software) is in beta. The hardware already looks like something I would have been glad to get for my $100. The part I'm sitting back and watching is the software development (especially that iOS/Android app, let's not forget about that please).

Student
    Is it just me that is checking like every few hours to see if there has been more progress?

)))

It's not just you

Technician
    I'll third that

Engineer-in-Training
    Sorry guys. I was falling asleep on myself last night before the print finished. Here's the latest:

Attempts at julia- heatwave. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126567 Still getting there, obviously, but look at how close it is!
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-22-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Still doesnt realy look like the Heatwave, But its already a bit better

I must say again, the layers are pretty nice now
    You almost can't see it, In guess you wouldnt even see it in real as the print is quiet small i guess?

Student
    I May be wrong but i suspect its quite hard to photograph and show the detail, top couple of mm on photo1 look almost glass smooth,

Thanks for sharing Anuvin, its ace to see so much of the early part of Peachy's development

Engineer-in-Training
    Looks like x and y are about half of the deflection required. The diameter of the neck looks a lot smaller than the Makerbot print.

Staff Engineer
    I can certainly see features of the Heatwave vase in your print, though I really have to look for them. Regardless of the accuracy, I love how these (even the calibration cubes) have a kind of organic look to them. From your comments though, it sounds like the calibration process is more an art than a science right now.

Engineer-in-Training
    Anuvin's print is getting narrower as Z increases and it should be getting wider as Z increases. It would look very like the original if it was calibrated that way. It implies to me that there is a problem with the z axis correction as the resin gets closer to the laser. X and Y deflections have to get larger as the resin gets closer to the laser. It's based on the cosine of the deflection angle. I wonder if Peachy has the correct z factor correction in the software???

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast