Close

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Haha, awesome Pete. Turns out you can host .stl's here on the forum. Thanks Eddie!

This d20 would be right at home on the gaming table at 20~ mm, but I was attempting to print one at 10mm. Based on that, it would seem that it is both: z is twice what it should be, and the XY is a few mm shy too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    Well Anuvin, looks like FFF isn't down and out yet!
    I had problems processing this model (I think the walls are so thin and come so close together that the build gets confused when it overlaps itself?) I got around this but couldn't print with support material so the only attachment to the base was one filament at the bottom...but still quite impressive, here are the print outs in 10mm and 20mm both straight off the printer and after pulling off all the extra bits by hand only.

IMG_20140417_163353.jpgIMG_20140417_163506.jpgIMG_20140417_170510.jpgIMG_20140417_170701.jpgIMG_20140417_170713.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow! Those are great! I am surprised how good those look. You must have a well calibrated machine.

Thank you for printing those, Pete. It will be awesome to have some comparison shots as I get the Peachy dialed in. I will consider a comparable print on the Peachy to be a success. Thanks for setting the bar, now I can stare at it until my lens arrives.

Looks like I will be back in business by Friday, I will see if I can get some pictures up Friday night or Saturday.

Sure thing, once it's working, Peachy version will look better and glossy

Technician
    They're OK....I've had more impressive prints, at the moment I seem to have software issues from installing multiple versions and fiddling myself so when I print small objects like this I get a lot of filaments hanging off where it prints a layer and then parks a few inches back and lets it cool before doing the next layer.

As for setting the bar...This week I got a sample print from an FSL3D pegasus, I also printed the same model on this FFF machine (FYI, very little calibration just a bed level and height then print, it's a 3D Touch which is basically the precursor to the 3D Systems Cube X [they've fixed a load of stuff and made it much easier to use for a consumer])

Unfortunately my phone camera makers these look OK, the reality is that they are truly exceptional (even the FFF), they have a spiral staircase and a double helix inside....

IMG_20140417_183516.jpgIMG_20140417_183527.jpgIMG_20140417_183553.jpgIMG_20140417_183756.jpgIMG_20140417_183822.jpg

I really hope that the stock peachy can produce something that lies between the two (and seeing the later pictures from the updates I think it will)

In case you feel inclined to print the same in comparison, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:99028 , this is scaled down to 29mm tall.

Dayum. Looks really awesome! ^^

Engineer-in-Training
    What he said. Those are seriously great. As much as I'd like to take a stab a printing that, I think I will hold off and let you try. I can't show the comparison you can. The d20 however, I will be trying as soon as possible.

Engineer-in-Training
    Okay, here we go:

Just a calibration cube this time, and it's still too tall, but it's getting there. I am pretty happy with this print. I made my pinhole a bit larger, this is what I got. Recalibrated my x/y and they are very close to perfect. Just too tall, and a little off center, but that is probably my fault. I fiddled with the drip mid print, because I didn't think it was working. You can't even see it the first .5 cm while it prints, that's why I haven't bothered making any videos of printing. Next time I will see how smooth a print I can get, and see if I can't get my Z dialed in just right.

The sides are just about a perfect 10mm, just as I set for this print. It is 17 mm tall though. I think my drip sizes change due to the change in drip speed.

Thank you very much for these! Excited to see what you can achieve, keep 'em coming

Engineer-in-Training
    Sure Morten, thanks for the feedback! One last one before bed, sorry for crappy cell phone pic.

Goldilocks

10mm all directions, just like I wanted. Still has that funny top though. I'll see what I can do about that next.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast