Close

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Pete, generating a bit map per layer is a great idea......... then turning it into 3D by layering the bitmaps, wud show the software output vs the Peachy hard print. This would definitely half split clearly between hardware and software issues. That is a tool which wud acclelerate development....... ask Rylan whether his team can do it LOL !!!!
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 05-16-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Again the top seems to be stretched so I assume this is a software bug, but there is (and I'm afraid you'll need to take my word for this because I don't have mega photography skills) some reasonable and unexpected features:
    -There is a well defined doorway in the middle of this picture at the bottom and a window above it and a window on the other side.
    -The features of the brickwork are clearly visible although this is difficult to see in any picture
    -There is definitely a spiral feature where the staircase should be although the inner double helix is missing

I'll continue to debug, calibrate, fix and contribute. I suspect I have my mirror speed set way too high for starters but this shows that a complex model can make it all the way through the tool chain and into a solid object which is certainly promising this early in my beta stage. I think with all the experience being gained and the improvements being made that the first time prints of real users units will be considerably better than this.
    It seems obvious what's happening at the top of these prints: The end of the g-code isn't registering with the g-code to wav, so when it gets to the end, it just keeps going with the last layer it had.

The other things... Well yeah I'll have to take your word for this having those details. I guess that's one problem with the material being crystal clear. It's very hard to photograph details.

Maybe if you spray on a very thin layer of a neutral color paint to get the details to show up in photos. Though at this scale, even a thin layer of paint would obscure some details...

On that note, what kind of resin are you using? Is that how the Sub G red resin turns out? The website makes Sub G look a lot more opaque.

Technician
    The print does terminate itself but yes, it seems to repeat the last layer too many times. This is standard red SubG from what I know. I will make the effort to make better pictures when the printer is performing better (else there's not much point).

Staff Engineer
    I wonder if there are any SubG colors that are more opaque... Has anyone tried using the white resin? Perhaps that's more photogenic? I just ordered a liter of undyed SubG+ myself, even though I'm not scheduled to get a Peachy until October, I want to see what kind of stupid resin tricks I can do with it and a handheld UV laser pointer.

Perhaps there's a lag somewhere in the process of terminating. Though that looks like it kept repeating for several minutes to strech it out that much, which is a heck of a long time for a processing lag.

Engineer-in-Training
    Pete, those prints are awesome! You did a fantastic job calibrating it, I see. The Peachy shows so much promise, and your tower makes that even more obvious.

Feign, I am pretty much positive that the errors we see here are software based, and further, that they are partly due to Cura. When you run the calibration software, you can watch the laser draw a perfect square or other shapes. I think that proves that the software just needs to be worked on some more.

Student
    Hi all! Just stumbled onto this thread looking for people posting about their beta experiences! This is great! Keep up the great posts!

Engineer-in-Training
    What's CURA?????

Technician
    CURA is a slicer/tool path generator, it generates GCode from your 3D model which is the vector instructions for laying down a bead in layers to create your object. See instructions.peachyprinter.com step 20.

I have confirmed that my 2 missing sides are from CURA and not from the peachy tool chain (although first inspection says the top repetition is a peachy issue). It would seem with a wall size on the object of 0.5mm and a bead size set to 0.5mm then the CURA software will map the bottom and right side but not the top and left sides!

It'll probably be a few days before I get more prints on here, I'm doing some work on the audio generation which will hopefully get rid of some of the artifacts on my rook model that shouldn't be there, although, I might run through a couple of simpler models which only have 1 contour per layer, like a square or circular column....these, like the two walls of my original cube should come out perfectly.
    Last edited by Pete; 05-18-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Have you tested using the layer viewing on the top right in Cura, to check the silced part?

Johan

Technician
    Hey Johan,
    I actually found it by looking in the GCode output but found the layer view online when I was looking for a gcode instruction I didn't understand.....much easier!

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast