Close

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Student
    Its quiet here, But the Official Forum seems busy,

http://forum.peachyprinter.com/

No access as im not a Beta Tester but the stats show much is being disucussed:

"Total posts 922 • Total topics 124 • Total members 58"

Technician
    I've been trying to sort laser issues which has resulted in mainly empty reservoirs and hence nothing to show!

...But, this has just come out in the last hour. It should be a 5 sided cube, not sure where 2 of the sides got lost, I'll get to bug hunting in the software. Over on the Beta forum there is some significant software effort going on so I expect issues like this when they start shipping backer kits should be few and far between. A lot of getting a good print seems to be lots of patience, don't expect things fast, I'm finding this especially difficult as a transition from FDM where less material = less time and this really does not seem the case with peachy although a lot of the proposed hacks should get around this problem, like pumps and drip regulators.

Here's the pics:

Thanks for the update Pete... Does there tend to be lots of laser issues?

Have you found a European supply of Maker-juice, or do you have to order from the U.S.?

Cheers, and good luck with the printer..

/Martin

Staff Engineer
    Is it supposed to be a solid cube, Pete? Because that top 'wall' looks like it could be a very squashed cube. I have a feeling that even when the software is all squared away, calibrating the Peachy is going to remain an art more than a science. Kinda takes me back to the days when even getting a photo from film onto paper was an art, a very difficult and sometimes hazardous art...

...For those who weren't born yet in those days, please don't tell me. I feel old enough already.

Technician
    Martin, I think I've had more issues than I should as I was trying to calibrate the laser with a webcam. The peachy team got me a strip down kit very quickly after my first went AWOL in transit and omitted these as I already had some on order, annoyingly they took significant time extra to get here too.
    There are a lot of improvements happened in the build instructions in the last few weeks. Moving onto calibration and using instructions i have no doubt will benefit from the same set of beta users sharing their experiences and difficulties. There is a calibration print to perform which I think at the moment operates in too narrow a region of 'working', there are many discussions here and I think that the cal print will be setup to guarantee at least something so that debugging is simpler and quicker.
    The makerjuice I got was sent directly from the US as I suspect all the backers will be. There is a source of SUBG+ at iMakr in the UK or another distributor I think in Holland but I have not seen any SUBG at these alternative suppliers. That said, the shipping time for the maker juice from US to UK was only a week.

Feign, I've only transferred a handful of photos from film to paper and it was fun, it was only a few years ago and I think the kits set up to do it now are all but idiot proof.
    This should be a 5 sided cube (missing side at the print base) with 0.5mm walls. I did lower the drip speed when it got to the top for filling but I wouldn't expect this degree of thickening through this action. I imagine this is a bug somewhere in the gcode to wav converter also based on this next print you'll see, I shall be digging into code for some answers later.

This was a short clip I got of the peachy infilling that XY plane at the top, I find it mezmorizing!

Quote Originally Posted by martinf1977 View Post
    Thanks for the update Pete... Does there tend to be lots of laser issues?

Have you found a European supply of Maker-juice, or do you have to order from the U.S.?

Cheers, and good luck with the printer..

/Martin

I also searched that up, You have quiet a bit of resellers, Even in Belgium.
    So if Peachy is finished i might buy one, If there wasnt one in Europe i wouldnt have bought it due shipping and customs etc.

Staff Engineer
    Oh now that IS strange... I'd almost think it could be a smudge on one of the mirrors except that it doesn't show when the laser is running around the outer edge. Maybe a jitter in the mirrors during diagonal movement? Man, I just really don't know.

Here's hoping it's a software problem and not a hardware one. Know if anyone else is having that same jittery/smudgy beam problem?

Engineer-in-Training
    Couldn't we video the print on a low frame rate and review the footage to see whether the missing sides were actually attempted. If they weren't, it is the software. And u dont have to use juice..... a virtual print. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.ui.LapseIt
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 05-16-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Technician
    I promised on Page 2 of this thread that I would be using a Rook chess piece to compare printers and keep up to date with how my peachy is performing

This is from an FSL3D Pegasus touch, as far as I'm concerned it is only second to the professional 3D systems SLA models I have seen....this is what I'm aiming for, eventually:

This is from a 3D Touch which is synonymous with the 3D systems consumer level CubeX printer

And although completely unfair (because I haven't even started figuring out my known issues) is the first attempt at this on my peachy setup. I imagine over the coming days and weeks that this will get considerably better

Again the top seems to be stretched so I assume this is a software bug, but there is (and I'm afraid you'll need to take my word for this because I don't have mega photography skills) some reasonable and unexpected features:
    -There is a well defined doorway in the middle of this picture at the bottom and a window above it and a window on the other side.
    -The features of the brickwork are clearly visible although this is difficult to see in any picture
    -There is definitely a spiral feature where the staircase should be although the inner double helix is missing

I'll continue to debug, calibrate, fix and contribute. I suspect I have my mirror speed set way too high for starters but this shows that a complex model can make it all the way through the tool chain and into a solid object which is certainly promising this early in my beta stage. I think with all the experience being gained and the improvements being made that the first time prints of real users units will be considerably better than this.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    Couldn't we video the print on a low frame rate and review the footage to see whether the missing sides were actually attempted. If they weren't, it is the software. And u dont have to use juice..... a virtual print. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.ui.LapseIt
    Hey Mike,
    The two missing walls were not attempted (I watched the camera), I'm not sure yet where in the chain this goes missing. It could be an artefact of the cura slicer, I have seen with FDM before that things are missing because dimensions have been rounded down vs bead size but I just don't know yet. Given that all of the layers look identical and clean I suspect it is not an error with the player but either the slicer or the wav generator and I don't think the camera would help.
    I was just thinking about writing a virtual peachy printer device that would process the audio being sent out and push drips in. There's probably even better virtual ways of doing this much quicker since you wouldn't need to process every layer or even push in drips and you could generate a bitmap per layer. Since the tool chain pushes out a wav and cue file if you didn't care about scaling factors you wouldn't need to use the player at all and you could do this all programmatically without too much understanding of how the printer works, you could scroll through the cues and generate an image per cue.........any volunteers?

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast