Close

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Using external power make it pretty much stable. I was using internal power of my old laptop and movement were fuzzy.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by martinf1977 View Post
    Hi.

Looking at those calibration patterns - Isn't that what is described in the instructions (referring to the "square" here)
    Quote:
    Q:When calibrating I see an open book shape rather than a square.

A: We have seen this happen with some computer / monitor power supplies, try using a cell phone charger (500ma or greater) or plugging in to a different power source.

Maybe some issues can be resolved here with an external/different power-supply.?

Looking forward to seeing more prints. Keep up the good work

Kind regards
    Martin - Really depressed that I only heard of this Kickstarter last week. Looking forward to web-shop opening to the rest of us.
    That is exactly correct. That part of the instructions is describing the diamond shape of my "square". You can fix it with a external power supply or in the software, or both!

Don't be depressed or down because you just found the project. Right now is the perfect time to join the forum! The betas are getting their printers and the updates should be really exciting from here on in. Ultimately, we are all waiting for the public release at the end of the year-ish anyway. That is when the printers will be a little more standard and the design a little more finalized and the hacks will start rolling in.

Any more progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    That is exactly correct. That part of the instructions is describing the diamond shape of my "square". You can fix it with a external power supply or in the software, or both!

Don't be depressed or down because you just found the project. Right now is the perfect time to join the forum! The betas are getting their printers and the updates should be really exciting from here on in. Ultimately, we are all waiting for the public release at the end of the year-ish anyway. That is when the printers will be a little more standard and the design a little more finalized and the hacks will start rolling in.
    I know. I just cant wait to get my hands on a unit. I am a Software engineer myself, and did my training in a Danish robotics company - Been doing a lot of embedded development there.
    I love to tinker with these kind of things, and feel like I missed out being part of this one... No doubt I will get a unit when they are available for the general public, but maybe I will opt for pro version. We will see....

Any more prints been done by any of the beta-testers? Seems like some time has passed since the last update on this thread

Cheers and keep up the good work

/Martin

Student
    Has anyone printed a more straight forward shape yet? Something where we can see the accuracy? Like that lens or even just a cube?

More pics please!!!

two month ago .... i have reading only one thing : " CAN NOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THE PEACHY !!!!!!!!!"
    And Now ???????
    @ Anuvin ... your the only one that share his pics and experience with us. Thanks a lot for that !!!! Good work, go ahead !!! But don't see something from you for about ten days.
    You don't know how to go on? You arrived a dead end ??? Calibration don't work ? Share your thoughts with us.
    @ nka ...... What's about you ???? don't see nothing yet from you. a tiny cube ?? a large cube ? ... a dinosaur :-) Please ....

Sorry, but is there nothing to share with us ?? ...really nothing ????

Sorry, no update on my end. Many things prevented me from touching the Peachy in the lastest day. I might (I WANT!) be able to do this tomorrow, as I have a schedule for tonight

I have some hongkong stuff comming to... so I can do some hack/upgrade test!

Technician
    I have just received my beta peachy in the mail today, and will be opening the package a bit later tonight OR tomorrow morning

Technician
    Well my first print stresses the importance of making your print stick to the grid (getting memories of extrusion machines here) but there are some redeeming qualities, the dimensions are dead on, the small wall sections look clear and smooth. I'm impressed with the reliability of the drip and the galvo. I'll try again tomorrow!

Engineer-in-Training
    Killer! I see now that it is straighter and much larger than I thought. You nailed it! I don't know if the problem is cura or the print software or what, but I think it's clear that this project is a few (hundred, maybe, haha) software fixes away from being revolutionary.

It has gone really quiet in here hasn't it? Are there really no one yet with prints from their kits? Let the rest of us know about successes and failures... etc...

Hope to see some news here soon.

Cheers
    Martin

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast