Close

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Technician
    as a beta tester that has still not seen any more of the printer than the forum, I can NOT post what I have not done/got

Engineer-in-Training
    Patrik - Yes, there is another forum. It will be open to the public once the beta is in full swing, or just after. But there is no non-disclosure, it's just to keep stuff organized and very focused so first-tier can get through any big problems, and you are seriously not missing anything. The other first tiers aren't active there, and they aren't active here. They are makerspace people, and a few engineers and software people in various spots around the US who have introduced themselves and very little else. I am hoping they open up some more, but there is no obligation to do so. It also just occurred to me that they are probably very, very busy people, and it is likely they haven't even had time to complete their printer. It is also possible that the creator is communicating with them directly. I know from the forum that Rylan prefers all information to be in the forum, and for the forum to ultimately be totally open.

That said, nka, Pete, and I are really active members of this forum and the beta forum. Pete is still waiting on his because he is in the UK, and nka is a parent, so has limited time. Expect updates from them soon. Only a handful of kits were shipped, and not everyone wants to discuss it openly, apparently. The forum is being organized such that when 4000+ people go there for information, it's all in a cohesive, manageable state.

You can bet Pete, nka, and I will continue to fill everyone in on what is going on. Everyone here has all the info I have got to share.

So, unfortunately, my rig didn't quite pan out like I'd hoped. I slapped something together anyway, and I have at least something to show.

People who want big prints, I am sorry, I have no large print to show you. But know that I want to print fairly large objects too. I have to get it dialed in first though, or I will waste a lot of expensive resin. So, to hopefully sate a bit of your thirst, I offer you this:

These are calibration shapes square, star, grid, and x line. That is a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. The laser point you see is totally without aperture, and is larger than needed and significantly more than powerful enough to cure resin quickly. Probably too quickly, and will require an aperture just to limit the cure rate and to increase detail.
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-23-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Student
    Anuvin, your work and postings are greatly appreciated,

Checking the updates they show just 7 kits ready for tier 1 dispatch, so if we have 3 of you here, i think that's pretty good!

Out of interest, i saw a post about tier 2 shipping, is it likely that tier 2 will benefit from improved instructions and minor mods that can be easily added to your setup, or if it a complete rework

Either way, thanks for the updates, ive been keen to see these kinds of progress since i backed peachy, good luck with the prints,

Anuvin - thank for sharing these insights!
    I as well really appreciate all that you and others are sharing with us and for the time and effort you all are investing to help peachy. It is really awesome!

Is the process for dialing it in mostly adjusting software settings or is it also mechanical adjustments?

Yeah I'm sorry, got my Resine 2 days ago. Working about 3 hours on it yesterday... was working fine, but it take time to do everything (calibration, etc...). Anuvin have done the most of the stuff... he's now helping me ! Hope to have a Cube printed today. It it's working fine, I'll try something more complex and then a big object. But I'm still at the calibration (Focus of the laser might be bad right now).

Engineer-in-Training
    ijmok - I am glad you appreciate my posts! You are right, a very small number of folks were in the first tier, I guess we got almost half of the first tiers, not bad. I believe Peachy Beta Tier 2 does have some hardware differences. The first tiers are posting whenever we find problems in the instructions. The instructions will still be being worked on when beta 2 begins, but perhaps most or all of the instructions will be perfect by peachy beta 3. As far as mods, I have a door I put on, and added a laboratory hose clamp (open ended hoffman, for anyone who wants to google it). I am pretty fond of these mods, and I think I would recommend it to all backers, but since things are still in flux, maybe I will just recommend that to betas.

patrik - Absolutely! I am having a great time and I can't wait for more people to have Peachy printers in hand. We are going to have a lot of fun in this community as we get the Peachy printer working just right together.

As far as dialing it in, it is both software and hardware. Mostly software. If you bump the mirror assembly hard while you are moving your lower res, you should go into the software and make sure everything still looks right, and potentially adjust some shear of the x or y axis. The hardware may also require little tweaks, but unless your circumstances are funny, you just need to do is twist a tube with a magnet in it.
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-24-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Hardware look complexe and very difficult at first, but when you do it, you realise it's pretty much easy and very simple!

Software is a bit tricky, but pretty sure it will get better very fast as I see this now!

Can't wait to see more beta tester... it will go even faster!

Great work posting guys! Waiting anxiously for Tier 2.

Engineer-in-Training
    Nka nailed it. Hardware looks hard, is simple. Software works, but is a little fiddly, and rightly so, given the timeframe. The .wav to .gcode converter seems to work like a champ though, they must have been pounding on that for a good while.

Hi.

Looking at those calibration patterns - Isn't that what is described in the instructions (referring to the "square" here)
    Quote:
    Q:When calibrating I see an open book shape rather than a square.

A: We have seen this happen with some computer / monitor power supplies, try using a cell phone charger (500ma or greater) or plugging in to a different power source.

Maybe some issues can be resolved here with an external/different power-supply.?

Looking forward to seeing more prints. Keep up the good work

Kind regards
    Martin - Really depressed that I only heard of this Kickstarter last week. Looking forward to web-shop opening to the rest of us.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast