Close

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    That reminds me of a question I was harbouring...

How mobile is the peachy printer? Once I have mine up and running and calibrated at home would I periodicity need to recalibrate it?
    If I wanted to take it to a friend's or a local hacker-space would I have a whole re-calibration procedure or is there a quicker one that you do after the printer has been built.

Or... is this something we just don't know until Peachy V1 (Peachy RTM) is out?

That raises another question, what do we call "that peachy that is yet to come" as to make it distinct from the many beta iterations?

Staff Engineer
    I don't think I've ever even considered the idea of making a mobile Peachy set up... But yeah, I'd recommend against it.

It think right now they're on PP30 or PP31 for their hardware designation. It've never been clear on whether this means "Peachy Printer 31" or "Prototype Peachy 31". If the latter, the first one released to the public would just be "P1"... Otherwise it might end up being "PP40" or some even higher number.

So yeah, we the community probably need to come up with a better name for the customer-ready Peachy when it comes.

I would only add a zero to the prerelease versions, like "PP 0.31" / "PP 0.32" and after that "PP 1.00"/"PP 1.01".
    So you don't ignore the full range of development, that was done in the prerelease state, but there is a clear cut to the released version.

I think it'd be nice to give the first release version a name. Peachy Printer Prometheus sounds good to me.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctumSolis View Post
    I think it'd be nice to give the first release version a name. Peachy Printer Prometheus sounds good to me.
    I can't get behind that. I played too much Earthsiege as a child.

hm... i hate these names... but this is only my personal opinion...
    If two customers compare their versions and one has PeachyPrinterPeanutbutter and the other PeachyPrinterPancake no one knows what's the higher version. How much versions are between these two and so on...i think these names make it more difficult...
    but, like i said, it's my personal view on this...

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchron View Post
    hm... i hate these names... but this is only my personal opinion...
    If two customers compare their versions and one has PeachyPrinterPeanutbutter and the other PeachyPrinterPancake no one knows what's the higher version. How much versions are between these two and so on...i think these names make it more difficult...
    but, like i said, it's my personal view on this...
    I agree..... the simplest approach is to use six digits (the release date for that model) e.g. 130814. This would be the model released on 13/8/14

Staff Engineer
    Synchron, I agree. Trying to find a graphics card for instance is an exercise in frustration because of illogical numbering schemes...

But Mike, you've gone too far (if you're even being serious, which I'm not sure).

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    But you cant call it PP[number]

When you say it out loud it sounds like you're cataloguing urine samples!

Why not just use the Zulu alphabet (alpha, bravo, Charlie, delta, ect...) twenty six versions down the road we can start thinking of something else just remember KISS it sucks having to look up your version because of some off the wall version name (I'm talking to you Android)

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast