Close

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Not a year on, just a few months on. It /is/ odd that there's no new photos, but I'm just guessing that the few beta testers who have been posting here, haven't been able to fix their problems, so have had no progress. Since it is 'beta', however, I'll just reserve my judgement until November.

I stopped working on the Peachy by lack of time. I have kids and now a newborn...

As for what I see, no-one is focusing on printing. They are focusing on improving the build and software. Improving the dripper, improving the calibrations and stuff like this. Most test are made on a light reaction paper without even actually "printing" right now.

There was some new test, mainly to compare two methode of calibration, but nothing to show for now.

It's advancing slowly, but surely!

nka ....congratulation !!!! We all knowin what the canadian are doing when the hard, dark and cool Winter comes I hope you don't name the baby "Peachy" .....
    Are you have the overview how much beta-tester are posting on this forum? If you know them, let them know that we would very happy to see some pics or short videos from the tests, even with lr-paper or to read some words about the stuff they are doing ....

Staff Engineer
    I'm gonna echo Dino's sentiments. Congrats, man!
    I'm also agreeing with Dino that even videos of projections on glow-paper would be pretty exciting right about now. Something to remind us visually that yes the testing continues.
    (heck, the software update video was pretty freaking exciting IMO with the jitter reduction code displayed)

There's an update coming soon, you'll love it!

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    OH EM GEE. I just saw that update. Those prints are beyond what I had been hoping for the final Peachy.

I wonder how many generations advanced the printer that produced those was from the ones sent to the Betas?

Staff Engineer
    H... holy crap, that Yoda looks GOOD

For those not following Rylan's youtube channel:

While there are a few flaws still, these look beyond 'good enough' for $100.
    In the words of my old boss, "IT WORKS! SHIP IT!"

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    While there are a few flaws still, these look beyond 'good enough' for $100.

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, we don't know if these prints came from a $100 peachy. They could be from a dev-model which hasn't yet been refined down below the $100 price point. I'm not saying it's a cheat or anything but we don't know what kind of changes they've made. It could be that they are using an advanced drip-counting device that cant yet be made with the skill level they are pitching at (yet).

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayat View Post
    However, we don't know if these prints came from a $100 peachy.
    It would be unlikely that much at all changed in the hardware side, aside from whatever damping mechanism they were hinting at earlier. Even then, they've seemed pretty good so far at keeping their eyes on the bottom line through this design process, I don't imagine their new damper will be showstoppingly expensive.

And the flaws that they do have pretty closely point to them not having an advanced drip-governor (or advanced level adjustment that has been discussed) in place for these.

Almost all the problems that have been solved between Pete's Rook Test back in April and this new Rook have been solved in software (and better photography technique) rather than hardware fixes.

I can assure it does come from the Peachy 100$ hardware.

The only problem right now is, to acheive that, you need a lot of calibration and this calibration isnt metric, but more luck/art. This is kinda hard right now and that's what thye are working on.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast