Close

The Picoroco Wall - The 3D printed unique wall

Has anyone seen the Picoroco Wall? It is built using 3 different 3D printed blocks. These blocks are printed on any PLA printers, and are only 5.75x5.75x5.75 inches in dimension. They fit together to form a really nice looking wall design. Who needs paint when you have a 3D printer. Sure it would take quite some time to print out enough blocks to cover a wall of a room, but imagine how many people's breath it will take away when they walk in.

The blocks can be rotating to change the orientation and keep the pattern unique. On top of this, each one of these blocks are connected using 3d printed clips, so it is entire 3d printed. As you can see, there are holes in the wall, so the light can pass through from the room on the other side. It creates unique lighting in the room.

More details on this at http://www.emergingobjects.com/proje...lucent-orange/
    Design: Ronald Rael, Virginia San Fratello, Seong Koo Lee
    Material: Translucent Orange PLA
    Dimensions: Variable

This is really amazing. I just don't know how someone would go about doing this in their own hom. You would need to tear out a wall and put this up. Might not be the most realistic thing to do.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    wow nice! but I think I'd want it in a hermetically sealed room, imagine trying to dust that...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    wow nice! but I think I'd want it in a hermetically sealed room, imagine trying to dust that...
    It looks like it would be acoustically dead. You would not hear the vacuum cleaner!

OME

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    It looks like it would be acoustically dead. You would not hear the vacuum cleaner!

OME
    Yeah it's like the opposite of a recording room, instead of pyramids, it's got concave empty oyster shells lol... mmmm a whole room of PLA, can smell that corn starch from here