Close

No more ABS for MakerBot?

I saw this being discussed on reddit, and was wondering what your thoughts are. This guy has a theory that Makerbot will no longer make ABS compatible printers, since the new line of Replicators are PLA only. What do you guys think? This is true, right? The 3 new Replicator printers don't work with ABS, do they?

Is this a sign of things to come?

I dont' think there should be any reason for Makerbot to move away from ABS. Are you sure that the new Replicators can't print using ABS? This is the first I've heard of that.

Engineer
    yes the new gen5 machines cant do abs. they can barely do pla let alone abs.
    Last edited by jimc; 04-15-2014 at 07:05 PM.

LOL, ouch!

Makerbot has some serious bugs in these gen 5s.

A friend of mine has the gen5 and had to get the extruder replaced shortly after...

Engineer
    haha was that harsh? lol. yeah seems to be a disaster for them. they definitely rushed those things out. they should have waited a year, got everything worked out 100% then released them. big rush in the technology game though. i keep watching to see if they make some masterful firmware release that makes everything work right but im not seeing that......yet. the problems keep compounding. the one thing MB has going for them is they sure are nice looking machines so their designers and marketing dept are on the ball.