Close

The Power To Print - Printing a 3D Gun Documentary on Kickstarter

Has anyone seen or even backed the Kickstarter Project "The Power to Print"?

It is for the making of a documentary where they will go out and make a 3D printed gun.

It seems as though this will be a very interesting documentary to watch. It might also either hurt the 3D printing industry though (or could possibly help it).

Anyhow they are looking to raise only $750 and have already raised $590, with 15 days to go.

Technologist
    Might want to fix the link

I'm really excited to see this thing get funded. I cant wait to see if they are successful or not in printing their gun. If anything, it should open some peoples eyes to what 3D printing can do (good and bad).

Seems like its fully funded now,

Also kinda curious,
    But at the end in the US well, can't you get a gun almost everywhere ? As long as you don't have a criminal record and are 18+ so far i know. :P

Also it is kinda traceable, even tho its all plastic, as bullets are from metal? :P
    Without the bullets its just a piece of plastic.

I don't think anybody would actually want one. The only thing it has going for it is it demonstrates the power that 3D-Printers bring to the table. And if I needed a firearm to protect myself, I certainly would not want to rely on a single shot 3D-Printed piece of plastic.

3dprinting is such a good thing to be involved in at the moment, there are so many positives like robohand, project daniel, e-nable and all the medical side of things. 3Dprinting weapons just adds a dangerous negative element to the technology that I do not want to see!