Close

Replicator + scaling in Makerbot Print

Hello! I recently purchased a replicator +. I have been using Makerbot printers for a few years and am familiar with the hardware/software. However, with the new printer I also had to download Makerbot Print to use as the software. My issue is that I can't scale my STL's to a literal dimension. I understand I can scale up or down by a percentage, but unlike the older Makerbot software, I can't put in 4", etc. How can I do this?

Thank you in advance!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    buy simplify3d :-)

As makerbot print is not supposed to work with older machines - I've never used it. But there should be a measurement resize.
    I would download and have a look - but it's strictly 64-bit software and I tend to just use 32bit operating systems.
    Might stick it n the windows 10 brick and see if it works. If it'll output an x3g file I'll give it a try.

It does look pretty good - so I'm sure there is a literal size option somewhere.

Ok great, if you can find it I would love to know how! I can't find anything on it. The scaling icon is exactly the same as the older software, there just isn't an option for literal size, just scaling.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you could start using millimetres - as a base 10 system, it's easy to convert percentages into real numbers. Bloody difficult with inches.

The only issue with that is .STL's don't have units, so when I bring it in, I don't know how big it is to start. It always changes size from what I model it as when I convert to an .STL. Any other ideas?

I figured it out! With the new addition you can import specific CAD files, it doesn't have to be an .STL! That's a great addition and takes an entire step away, great job Makerbot!