Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Student
    Add htaxil on Thingiverse
    Hi Roxy,

After six months out I'm back, and I see that the "new" MarlinDev project is closed. . . I guess it was transferred to the Marlin project, but it seems that the organization of the configuration files has changed yet. For example there is no longer the Customization.h files. I can't find any information about this redesign on Wikis. Could you please tell me if this is the old policy configuration that has been rehabilitated?

We have not deleted the MarlinDev repository yet. But it is inactive. The people contributing regularly to Marlin do not want to go down the 'Customization.h' path because it would force them to abandon all of the code forks they have. There are strong arguments on both sides, but the people actually contributing want the code structured the way it is on the MarlinFirmware/Marlin side.

With that said, we have started a Development branch and we do expect to promote RC-6 to RC-7 very soon. And we expect to promote RC-7 to a Stable v1.1.0 release. RC-6 is pretty solid. If you are loading up a new printer, it is a good firmware to load.

Engineer
    It looks like the last Marlin I downloaded and installed to my printer was 1.0.2 in April 2015. When the stable release comes out, do you recommend a clean install, or would I be able to get by with using a diff viewer to copy over any changes?

You really should use a visual diff program to cross your configuration.h and configuration_adv.h file over to the new code base. The reason is a number of options have been combined (and the name changed). And new options have been added. There aren't going to be that many differences, but you want to go through they one by one and make intelligent choices on each difference.

Student
    Add htaxil on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    RC-6 is pretty solid. If you are loading up a new printer, it is a good firmware to load.
    Hi Roxy,
    I took your advice and I realized my new configuration based on RC-6 version.
    I have a problem with the bed probing. The G30 command works well, the Effector will stop when the probe touch the bed, but the G29 seems not taking into account the state of the probe as the effector continues down.

For information, i tried to use #define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN or Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP instead, and have exactly the same behaviour

Edit :
    All right, i found what's wrong : I forgot to uncomment "#define MECHANICAL_PROBE", now everything works perfectly
    Last edited by htaxil; 08-20-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Don't feel bad! I always get my probe stuff configured wrong the first time too!

Roxy, when do you expect RC7 to goto Stable?

I am in RC5, but if the time is short I will rather wait for the stable,release.

I'm pretty sure we are not going to promote RC-7 to Stable. We are trying to resolve a Z-Offset issue in RC-7. Once we do that we will start RC-8. And if we don't find any horrible issues in the next 6 or 8 weeks, I think that will be promoted to Stable.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567