Close

blender details about what is needed to print a model

Anyone know now any details about what steps one has to take to print a model one has in blender? Eg
    Does one use the blender coordinate system or is the software driven by placement of a coordinate system or something?
    Do you scale the model or is scaling just managed in the script?
    Are there any sample blends to take a look at that i have missed?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Anyone know now any details about what steps one has to take to print a model one has in blender? Eg
    Does one use the blender coordinate system or is the software driven by placement of a coordinate system or something?
    Do you scale the model or is scaling just managed in the script?
    Are there any sample blends to take a look at that i have missed?
    Use the metric feature

http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/bl...rial-units.php

Then export to STL format.

Then upload it to netfabb cloud to make sure there is no holes in the vertices (or skip this part if you know what you are doing when you make a 3d model)

https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/

Technician
    Once it's in STL then it's run through a slicer then a GCode to wav converter, see instructions.peachyprinter.com (one of the later steps, it's easier to find in the single page instructions). There were problems with the original direct printing from blender (I think to do with access to soundcard) so the team are making a seperate API and then it can be plugged into any environment like this and I think they're planning on getting printing straight from blender back in with their (better) methodology.