Close

Hictop Prusa l3 Bowden setup

Hello all,

I am having an issue with a printer kit I bought a while back. It is a Hictop Prusa l3 kit off of amazon. I cant get the eeprom settings to show on matter control or repetier. I'm still fairly new to this. I upgraded, or am trying to upgrade it with a V6 and geared extruder. What I am trying to do is calibrate the extruder, tho I cant get the motor to extrude any. The extruder motor is the original to the kit. Any help would be appreciated.

When I go to extrude 100mm it will usually make a loud fast clicking. Here is an overall pic. more as necessary.
    Again, any help is appreciated, Thanks for even reading this.
    IMG_20161211_230847336.jpg

Hi
    As I'm not that experienced myself please don't go on my word only
    For the start i would say your Bowden tube is much to long, the longer the more resistance.
    When you extrude, do you have it connected to the hotend? If your steps / mm are wrong, the hotend can't extrude fast enough so the resistance get to high and the filament jumps back.
    The last thing that comes to mind is, that the pressure between the gear and the filament is to low. But i don't know that extruder gear and don't know, if you can screw it a bit tighter
    If the gear doesn't move at all you have to adjust the potty from the stepper controller i think.
    That are the things i had on my delta machine. I only tried bowden for a short time on my i3 clone. Like direct drive a bit better.

On a different note. Be really careful with your cable management. My wires looked nearly the same as yours and i nearly burned my table down. The wires got stuck on the print and pulled the heat cartridge out (screw got lose). Now i have a big burn-mark on my wooden table :-) I print some cable chain at the moment and will fix it to the x carriage.

Hope it helps a bit