Close

Administrator

Adidas Releases Sneaker Made from Ocean Waste Plastic

Last year, athletic footwear company Adidas partnered with the environmental organization Parley for the Oceans teamed up to 3D print a pair of sneakers from recycled ocean plastics. Now, that idea has been transformed into a product with the UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley, a limited edition sneaker made from waste plastic captured from the ocean around the Maldives. Though 3D printing has been eliminated from the production process, the emerging technology played a major role in the development of the sneaker. These specialized UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley will be released in mid-November for $220, and will be limited to 7,000 pairs. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/154713/adidas-recycled-ocean-waste/

Staff Engineer
    Just toss them back in the ocean when you're tired of wearing them...

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I like them - the socklike upper works well for medium distances and I like the heel support.
    My vision for running shoes is that 3D printing will more and more play a part in their manufacturing in combination with open source knitting also given the upcoming availability of more flexible materials, to create highly customizable shoes.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Seems odd that something made from waste products should cost so much.
    I guess if you slap the word eco on something, people will pay anything.