Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    I get what you are saying but I think it is maybe a little extreme. The 105 GT temp is an approximate temp and the GT temp is where it only begins to soften. I think the odds of gravity deforming the first layers of a print on a flat surface are probably extremely small. With that said, using a lower temp is certainly is not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    The defaults are set like that for beginners who struggle getting prints to stick on the build plate.

The physical property I mean in this case is the glass transition temperature of ABS which happens to be 105°C. At this point ABS can be easily deformed by gravity. Your HBP should be no higher than 100°C.

Works fine for me with ABS. Bed temp 100 and 230 on the nozzle. It works great. This is on a Qidi Dual Extrusion unit.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    That is one reason I haven't tried Printbite is it doesn't play so well with ABS. Most of what I read indicate using very high bed and extruder temps to get decent results.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Nice work on the report. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty_Lykle View Post
    Hi All

After testing Filaprint as a printing surface I finally finished the report and want to share it with you.

Have a look and see if it is relevant to you.

The report

Lykle
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12