Close

Student
    Add Alex_M on Thingiverse

Prusa i3 Z Motor problems

When I manually jog the Z motors from my computer they work fine, but when i press home or ask it to start a print I only get the noise and no movement. I have tried turning the screw on the driver in every way possible but still no movement. Please help. Thank you

Sounds To me like the z axis feed rate or acceleration its set far too high in marlin.. can cause the nut on threaded rod to lock up!

Hi Alex - I *think* i was getting some Z axis binding even though nudging using manual control seemed fine. Lubricate all the sliding surfaces and threads if you havent already. After that you might need to pull it apart and re-check everything. In my case i didnt know that the straightness of the threaded rods is a problem with the Geeetechs, and the threaded nut was a bit tight, as there was some material removed when i ran a tap through it.

Here is another helpful hint... Geeetech does not adjust their stepstick to produce the correct amount of drive current for the stepper motors. Before you do anything else, you may want to check what the reference voltage on the step stick is. (You may want to crank it up some.)

Deleted - wrong thread
    Last edited by Sabbath; 11-08-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Wrong thread