Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Hello,
    I wanted to ask if its sure it will cost 170 dollars more when selling it as retail?

Just as i am thinking to buy one, But more for in the Summer vacation personaly,

And personaly i do think that the price you've set now for your strooder is a nice point to be diffrent from others,
    But if you would actualy bump the price to 450 dollars, well than your again diffrent than the normal Homebrew machine or the chinese brands.

I kinda find 450 dollars to much for a home user, as you realy wont print that much to get even profit after a year, as you would need to print roughly 25kg of plastic to get on your break even point as user.
    Perhaps its something nice for stores to sell there own plastic, but for home users i would kinda advice to perhaps try to stay at your current pricepoint.

I just kinda felt to say that :P

As i kinda like the product and the work you've put into it, But its just no diffrent than we have now if you would make it 250+ dollars more expensive than a homebrew machine.
    Hello,

The retail price is definitely set at £249 (Approx. $415)

If you are buying pellets from ourselves it would take around 15KG-17KG to break even, given you use virgin pellets.

Once retailing our aim is to at least match our competitors on price but to beat them on performance and ease of use. The price point is set based on many factors, all focused on the consumer.

Thank you Luigi, we have put tremendous efforts into Strooder

Technician
    Strooder has hit over £50K now which means if you add £50 to your Strooder pledge, you will receive an automatic spooler.

Check out the latest update to see the prototype spooler in action

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...filament/posts

Hello Strooder,

I would like to ask how consistent your filament is at the moment?

Like if you have a spool of 100m, At the end at the start it wiggles between ?/?

I am kinda curious and thinking to buy it as my next school i would goto is more specialized in plastics.
    So i would be able to get plastic for around 1-2 euro a kilo,

Also is the winder going to get a bit more compact later on or?

And does this all make alot of noise, and how much eletricity does it all take? Incl the winder.

Also any idea if this could do Nylon and PET? As they are both under 250c as far as smelt temrpature goes.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 06-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Technician
    Hello DrLuigi,

Currently the consistency is at most 0.06, but we are working to improve this so it is consistently below 0.05. The new nozzle designs have been completed and send away to be fabricated. The flow has greatly been improved and we have a high hopes for the new design.

We are working on few spooler designs and the compact nature of the spooler is one of the requirements. We have experimented with different motors to find the quietest one and the device is now significantly quieter than previous prototypes. More testing and decibel measurement will come in later updates.

We are running whole device including Strooder of 15A power supply (180W).

In theory Nylon and PET are possible, but we will conform this for you within the week as we finanlise our plastic testing!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by francescocavallo View Post
    Could you please make your own topic instead of bombing someone else there project with a link with yours?

Also i find personaly if a extruder is to high as price goes, where is still the profit of having one?
    Isnt it better to just buy one for 20 euros instead of buying another device that costs 450-800 euros?
    You would have to buy the pellets and eletricity, so it will take long till you even have your breakeven point

This is a opinion and simple a discussion and i would like perhaps if one of you guys could answer it,
    Due with those prices i don't think any household would get one, or he is printing every day with 4 printers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    Hello DrLuigi,

Currently the consistency is at most 0.06, but we are working to improve this so it is consistently below 0.05. The new nozzle designs have been completed and send away to be fabricated. The flow has greatly been improved and we have a high hopes for the new design.

We are working on few spooler designs and the compact nature of the spooler is one of the requirements. We have experimented with different motors to find the quietest one and the device is now significantly quieter than previous prototypes. More testing and decibel measurement will come in later updates.

We are running whole device including Strooder of 15A power supply (180W).

In theory Nylon and PET are possible, but we will conform this for you within the week as we finanlise our plastic testing!

Thank you

Could you please respond about the other questions i've had?
    As i am thinking to buy one perhaps, But i aint sure for some points.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Could you please respond about the other questions i've had?
    As i am thinking to buy one perhaps, But i aint sure for some points.
    Hi again DrLuigi,

It is great to hear that you are still wanting to purchase a Strooder before the Kickstarter comes to an end!

This week we employed two new engineers and an engineering intern who are focusing solely on making Strooder the best it can be. We are currently in testing of the newest version of Strooder that has a quieter yet more powerful motor, steel lasercut internal structure which offers imporoved durability, a new nozzel design and an enhanced user interface.

The enginieers are working with us to make sure that Strooder will work without any faults when it arrives at your door. Because we have had to focus our attention on the new version we are still finalising PLA and ABS testing which has shown stronger and more consistent results everyday. Once this has been finished our imediate next step will be to test other material and colours and we will get this news to you as soon as we know.

What we can say is that in theory we will be able to melt any plastics in the temprature range of Strooder, up to 250 degrees, and the new engineers will be verifiying this very soon. Unfortunetly we cannot give a definitive answer until these tests have been completed. However, as a team we have complete faith in the potnetial that Strooder holds.

We understand that this does not fully answeryour question, but hope you can make a decision based on this information topurchase a Strooder before Kickstarter ends.

If you have any other queries don't hesitate to ask!

The latest update says now all updates and info will be available on their web site.
    http://shop.strooder.com/updates

Technician
    Our latest preview video of Strooder. Getting closer to making all the custom filament for 3D printing. The expected release date is now February 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    OK, so are Nylon and PET possible ?
    What is the manufacture status now ?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast