Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mttr View Post
    what about 3mm, as that going to be added?
    I doubt why they shouldnt, its just the same as making it, just another drill for the head,
    Atleast i hope so as most European printers have 3mm at the moment, i believe that atleast.

Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Yep thats why i am curious about this one, It looks quiet compact and if it has a decent price/quality i might

Are you guys going to open a Kickstarter when its more polished or what are the plans if i may ask?

Also any price you guys have in mind that you are trying to get it sold for? Of course just a rough guess.
    Great News

We are planning to launch the Kickstarter soon as we are nearing the final stages of development! After lots of testing and poloishing of course.

Price is something we are in discussions about at the moment, all we can say for certain is that the kickstarter price will be lower than the retail price, as well as it competeing if not beating the current market leaders. Hopefully that gives you an idea but that's all we can say for sure at the moment!

Technician
    Update #1:

It been a week since our first post so we thought we'd update you on our developments so far! (See Picture)

Proto5.jpg

As you will be able to see we have changed the motor speed control sensor from mechanical to optical for greater control and acuracy. In addition we have also changed the heating block to ensure greater control and heat transfer.
    Moreover, we have altered the mounting method used which has resulted in a shape change, and changed the main body of the extruder from PLA to laser cut MDF to ensure thermal resistance in case of overheat.

We have also began developmenet of the exterior casing which we will show in the next post to hopefully gain your thoughts and insights!

So, again; What do you guys think?

Very impressed. I'd like to know the Kickstarter price point.

What kind of intelligence are you building into this thing? Will it have overheat / cold extrusion cutoff like a 3D printer?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dkarma View Post
    Very impressed. I'd like to know the Kickstarter price point.

What kind of intelligence are you building into this thing? Will it have overheat / cold extrusion cutoff like a 3D printer?
    We will be updating shortly on the price point for kickstarter in our next update

Thank you!

What kind of things would you like to know? We have built in various safety features including the overheat and cold extrusion cut-off seen in 3D printers

Technician
    Update #2:

The product is nearing final completion and we are currently working with a team to create the exterior shell.

Recently we have been working on our kickstarter campaign, developing the reward system and have come to a final decision on the price point.

The starting price point on Kickstarter to receive a Strooder will be £149, this will include a fully assembled Strooder with 100g of taster pellets.

We are also developing for the video, which is planned to be filmed next week.

Strooder pictures coming soon, you can also follow us over on facebook! facebook https://www.facebook.com/Omnidynamics

Technician
    Update #3:

The casing has now been assembled, and prototype case has been made! We have also finalised our design and rendered the CAD designs.

What do you think?

allStrooder.jpgstrooder.jpg

That is an extremely impressive design.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I'm very impressed with this. 3DPrint.com just covered you guys in an article. I can't wait to see how well your kickstarter project goes.

Read the article at
    http://3dprint.com/3026/strooder-3d-...r-kickstarter/

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm very impressed with this. 3DPrint.com just covered you guys in an article. I can't wait to see how well your kickstarter project goes.

Read the article at
    http://3dprint.com/3026/strooder-3d-...r-kickstarter/
    Well only thing that might be wrong is that you tell in the article that its 20% less than average filament,
    Since i have seen ABS pellets selling for about 1.5 euro a KG. And a average spool is about 20-30 dollars easily.
    (http://www.kwb-wedel.de/ example of such reseller of pellets)

I would guess it would be quiet bit cheaper than 20% even with the eletricity costs.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast