Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any advice on how to reach out to 3D Printing coimmunities?

Anyone that came across our new ultrasonic tool for 3D Printer called alignG , simply loved it - We need your guidance on finding more people that can visit our project at Kickstarter. Guys what you think?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    One thought would be to contact the editorial staff on the 3dprint.com side of things. There's a button to 3dprint at the top of the 3dprintboard pages. From there, look for the Submit News link. Or, just jump here - https://3dprint.com/contact-us/. They publish newsworthy articles daily, and then typically include a summary of the article in the 3D Printing News, Interviews and Editorials folder here on 3DPrintBoard. As an example, there was info on another kickstarter project provided just last week.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    One thought would be to contact the editorial staff on the 3dprint.com side of things. There's a button to 3dprint at the top of the 3dprintboard pages. From there, look for the Submit News link. Or, just jump here - https://3dprint.com/contact-us/. They publish newsworthy articles daily, and then typically include a summary of the article in the 3D Printing News, Interviews and Editorials folder here on 3DPrintBoard. As an example, there was info on another kickstarter project provided just last week.
    Printbus- many thanks for your time and useful suggestions , I did send Sarah a request for publishing an news article with our quick blurb- now hope she agrees to do so ! I also put you as a reference incase she identifies you- anyways thanks a lot man ! We are hoping our project succeed, btw hope you checked out our project and please do let me know what you think about it!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Glad to help get you connected.

What kind of community or market segment are you after?

A short description of the align, ultrasonic, the new project and "you" could help too

Quote Originally Posted by varis View Post
    What kind of community or market segment are you after?

A short description of the align, ultrasonic, the new project and "you" could help too
    Dear Varis,
    Our target customer is 3D Printer user and also CNC users, that want professional grade printing with their cheapest device, faster easier and affordably. Our alignG is a nondestructive tool that works on any 3D Printer and does Bed alignment, stage zeroing, backlash monitoring with precision upto 15 micron and in addition it also performs filament condition monitoring. I am a team member of alignG and I have a PhD in Material Science Engineering and years of experience in technical business management.
    Our project can be found in kickstarter , although here is the link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...or-3d-printers
    So, please suggest an effective advertisement media for our product- and please share among your circle of references.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Glad to help get you connected.
    Yeah thanks,. I send an email to Sarah , haven't heard back yet - hoping she replies

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    There are some Facebook pages and LinkedIn groups where people are actively discussing 3D printing related topics and projects so you can post messages there as well.
    And reach out to research departments of schools and companies - they all have 3D printers nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    There are some Facebook pages and LinkedIn groups where people are actively discussing 3D printing related topics and projects so you can post messages there as well.
    And reach out to research departments of schools and companies - they all have 3D printers nowadays.
    Hey Ralph,
    Thanks for the suggestions, what did you think about our project?
    About advertising we do have a social page and had contacted different communities but very seldom do they respond- I guess due to the mass emails or texts they receive a day – and we are just another one - The idea of university researcher is great – we will look into it.
    By the way do you know any sources personally that you can refer to? It always helps if there is reference behind a request
    Thanks

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi,
    It's a nice project! I see the use and the more dynamic feedback we can get from 3D printers the better.
    I find that even after bed leveling, the distance to the nozzle is not uniform and changes rapidly with time.
    Therefore ideally you would want to measure the distances across the entire bed before a print and use this height map to feed into the gcode so that at every point, the nozzle will print at exactly the same print height. If that is possible I will consider buying one because it will drastically improve my prints, especially large ones.
    I know the person responsible for 3D printing at the Eindhoven university: https://www.tue.nl/en/university/dep...-uid/20070339/ I think they will be interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast