Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    There are differences between Inventor and Solidworks in how they work - different user interface, different ways of drawing and modifying objects, etc.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    Many tutorials use Solidworks. I want to do the tutorial on creating a v12 engine shown at https://grabcad.com/questions/tutori...-engine-part-1 but I have Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Fusion, and Design Spark Mechanical. I tried to download Solidworks demo but they won't send me download the demo.
    http://www.solidworks.com/sw/purchas...BlhxoCaFHw_wcB

Hello friends,

Let me share some information about the recent released scan data / CAD data inspecting software.

Key functions are: Alignment, deviation detection, measurements, report printing.
    For more information you can check this website: (http://pointshape.com/inspector/)
    or contact me (jim@pointshape.com)

Thanks for you time.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Surprised to not see SketchUp on the list.

+1 for OnShape. Great, free, SolidWorks like alternative that I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    +1 for OnShape. Great, free, SolidWorks like alternative that I highly recommend.
    Came here to post this. Feels very Solidworks-like. Which makes sense, since it was started by former Solidworks people. They also have a script language available to make your own commands. The only drawback is that the free account doesn't have any private documents anymore.

Also, while Fusion 360 is proprietary, you can get a hobbyist license for free as long as you are making less than $100k using the software.

Hi Guys,
    The CAD software which specially focuses on mechanical CAD (MCAD) are as follows -
    1) AutoCAD Design Suite and Autodesk Inventor which are developed by AutoCAD for 3D modeling
    2) Pro Engineer, aka Creoparametric which is developed by Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC)
    3) Catia which is developed by Dassault Systems
    4) NX (Unigraphics or UG) is another well-known MCAD software developed by Siemens
    5) Solid Edge is also been developed by Siemens and much more...

Thanks & Regards
    Roger King

I like to work with Solidworks, guess I need to try OnShape too.

Hi all,

• Tinkercad.
    • Solidworks.
    • AutoCAD.
    • FreeCAD.
    • TurboCAD 2016 Deluxe.
    • Creo Parametric 3D Modeling Software. ...
    • IronCAD. ...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Openscad
    Fusion360

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast