Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Bill, did you not get my email? The one about PVA supports?

Technologist
    No Sebastian. I never got an email from you. I checked spam folder too.

Engineer-in-Training
    Glad to see you got that printed. I think after all you went through with that part printing with ABS or PLA will be a slam dunk.

Technologist
    Your right again Todd. This machine does great with PLA/ABS :-)

Super Moderator
    I just finally got my redo on one of the FFCP's up and going and tried NinjaFlex. Overall pretty good. I used 235 and 40. The print though looks "granular" kind of texture. Not nice clear color.
    Support says I am to hot on the print. Going to try again this evening at a lower temp.

How has your NinjaFlex been going?

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    I got it!!! It worked great. First off thank you to Sebastian and Todd for all your help and advice!

The FFCP CAN run ninjaflex very well but you will need to do a couple of modifications.

First you need to put in Sebastian's PTFE modification. I also changed the drive gear I got on Amazon. (5mm 40T Extruder Driver Feeder Gear Bore for Makerbot Mk7 Mk8 3D Printer) I have yet to have this extruder jam using NinjaFlex. The first time I tried to print, I had forgotten to reduce the speed and extruded a small test at the stock 3600 mm/min. The model looked bad but the extruder never jammed!

Second: I replaced the blue pad with glass. No matter what I did, Ninjaflex would not easily come off. I ruined all three of my blue pads trying to get NF off that stuff.

As for the slicer settings, I used S3D. (these settings assume your machine is calibrated.)
    Nozzle temp worked best at 240 degrees.
    Layer Height: 2mm
    Build platform temp: 40 degrees. (put hairspray on glass if needed)
    Default printing speed 1800 mm/min

The best thing is, I used one extruder to build the model and the same extruder to apply the supports. Yes, I said Ninjaflex supporting Ninjaflex. A needle nose pliers and the supports came right off.

Tell me what you think :-)
    Oh...forgot to mention the picture shows the supports still in place. This was fresh off the printer.

Attachment 9744

Technologist
    Mine seem to be doing well so far Wirly. I had been printing with a nozzle temp of 235 but was not getting good results. When I upped the temp to 240 and set the speed to 1800 (S3D), the prints started coming out fantastic.

I tried using cooler temps like 230 and 225 but I did not get good results.
    Right now I am trying to print Ninjaflex with the right extruder and support/ooze protection with the left extruder. I wonder what this will look like????

Super Moderator
    Mine seem to be doing well so far Wirly. I had been printing with a nozzle temp of 235 but was not getting good results. When I upped the temp to 240 and set the speed to 1800 (S3D), the prints started coming out fantastic.

I tried using cooler temps like 230 and 225 but I did not get good results.
    Right now I am trying to print Ninjaflex with the right extruder and support/ooze protection with the left extruder. I wonder what this will look like????

I am printing now at 210 but with the Flexion extruders I think that may be an actual temp of 225. I am printing at 1200mm/min. This seems to be trhe max people have talked about. 900 get thrown around a lot as a print speed. The other thing is set all speeds the same. I asm using glass bed with glue stick at 35-40 and that is working well.
    I will post a pic of a print when photobucket gets back up.

Technologist
    I am not familiar with the Flexion Extruder but if it works, I say go for it. As for the glass, I don't put anything on it. Ninjaflex sticks really, really well to the bare glass. I also set the bed temp to to 40.

As a hobby, I restore old outboard motors and ninjaflex makes great seals, bumpers, rubber gaskets, and washers. I use it a lot!!!

Super Moderator
    I am not familiar with the Flexion Extruder but if it works, I say go for it. As for the glass, I don't put anything on it. Ninjaflex sticks really, really well to the bare glass. I also set the bed temp to to 40.

As a hobby, I restore old outboard motors and ninjaflex makes great seals, bumpers, rubber gaskets, and washers. I use it a lot!!!

Flexion's are made by the same group that puts out NinjaFlex. They are made to handle flexible filaments.

The stuff is sticking great, or enough I should say.

Got it going really good now. Going to post a pic once I can.

Super Moderator
    Here are a couple vibration dampeners in blue Ninja.

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast