Close

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways

Peachy-Star or "Thats no 3d printer!"

I know the peachy now has the laser mounted on the board for various good reasons but when it was separate was there not also the possibility of the peachy being a CNC Laser engraving machine? You'd just need to mount the alternative laser above the peachy and have the beam pass though the UV laser mount and into the mirror arrangement.

Is there room on the current design to have a static mirror infront of the UV laser to catch an incoming engraving laser and direct it though the peachy?

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I don't mean one of those 40w CO2 lasers...

Just something out of a DVD burner should be able to mark plastic pretty well. there are instructables about building CNC engravers with them: http://www.instructables.com/id/Pocket-laser-engraver/

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayat View Post
    I don't mean one of those 40w CO2 lasers...

Just something out of a DVD burner should be able to mark plastic pretty well. there are instructables about building CNC engravers with them: http://www.instructables.com/id/Pocket-laser-engraver/

What you speak of would still be very easy to do. The new laser isn't soldered onto the board instead there is a 3 pin socket that you can push any standard laser diode into.
    I Think nearly all DVD lasers will just work. We are alwase thinking about how to make the Peachy Printer convenient to modify. If you do a modification like this be sure to read up on Laser safety ! and include that in your posts about these modifications.