Close

Threaded View

again thanks to all for the great help!!

[1 - i read the chapter 5 and will mess around with the settings. first thing i did was increase the extrusion multiplier and it helped alot. so you are right about the under extruding.

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    I concur on the likelihood of under-extruding. threedee4me, in addtion to Sebastian's sailfish reference, just search the internet for "extruder calibration". There are countless videos and references that will help you understand what it is and how to go about it. Triffid Hunter has his own calibration guide that people often get referred to. That might be something to look at when you see it in the search listing.

What the process basically does is help you tweak your printer and slicer settings so that the printer is cranking out the proper amount of extrusion volume. Calibration usually involves printing something like a solid (100% infill) cube and observing what the final result looks like.

You might also consider adding some info about your setup to your signature so that readers know what you have for a printer, slicer, etc.
    I will look into this also. i am making progress slowly though. the setting in the software are overwhelming me when you dont blank from blank yet. but i am working it!

thanks!
    Last edited by threedee4me; 10-12-2016 at 07:12 PM.